Best quality on a DVD?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
My mom got some videos on a DVD, problem is that the creator of the disc made it into a data disc so she can only watch it on a PC. My mom wants me to reburn the DVD so its watchable on a DVD player.

So question is, which software gives me the best quality when watching it on the TV after burning it?
the videos seem to be 720p because of the resolution, and my mom wants it to keep it that way.

Thanks

I personally use nero, the quality doesnt matter as long as you can fit it on a dvd-5 really..i mean your not gonna get a 720P resolution DVD on a dvd-5..maybeit will with maktrosa format (mkv) which is an asian format and its really good a tcompressing..

http://www.vso-software.fr/products...w&aid=199647&gclid=CN_8tZqlh5oCFRYiagodMDQ7LQ

thats what you need to convert to the dvd..but first you need to compress the dvd image with something along the lines of this

http://www.riverpast.com/en/support/tutorials/convert/dvd/mkv.php

On a DVD player though, it won't play any clip at 720P, if this is the original size, which is probably why it was placed on a data disc.
It'll have to be converted down to 480P (may depend on region)

Some DVD players may play extra files in the data format, but I'm not sure if 720p is one of them. Once its set to DVD video though, it will be down converted.

I use Nero too, and its quite an easy job when you know how.

That'll play on a standard DVD player?!

I just did a bit of research, and it doesn't seem possible. It is possible to encode a 720p video, but the DVD player will only read 480 of the lines if done correctly.

use dvd shrink!

seeing as how the dvd's already on a 4 gb disc (unless you're friend has a super-rare and super expensive 8gb burner) then there's not gonna be any compression, just a straight burn.

I was planning on using an DVD-DL (8.XGB), since my laptop can burn DVD-DL. Though 5 DVDs for $10 is pretty expensive.

How would I know if my parents have an standard DVD player or not? my dad recently bought an DVD player that upscales to 720p (I think) and it supports HDMI.

I guess I'll just have to burn and check.

Indeed, it can upscale to 720p, but the resolution is still the format it originally was.
You'll lose quality in lines, but the upscaler will try and bring it back.

if you want to encode a 720p movie you need double layer dvds.. trust me i've tried to burn an mkv 720 to a dvd-5 and it came out to be 5.20gb.

Use vso convertx, its not as flashy as nero vision but it still puts out amazing quailty..

Back
Top Bottom