CPU temp to high!?!?

Sedah

In Runtime
okay, sry for the many post ive been putting up but; the rest of my stuff finally came in yesterday...so decided to assembly it and get it working.

problem is, or IF it is one, my cpu temp is too high...IDLE temp Im gettin is 53-57 then when I play Source, it goes up to 64-67.

is it suppoe to be that high or did i messed up on something?

cpu is the I7 920 btw. ; using the cooler that came with it for now.

also used the arctic mx-2 thermal paste...and yes, i did take out the stock paste off the cooler before I used the antec.

anyone kno why its like that?

EDIT***

and the specs are

evga x58sli mobo
i7 920 , using the stock cooler
nvidia gtx260
using antec 900 two case
and using the stock fans plus an extra antec fan for the side panel

problem is, or IF it is one, my cpu temp is too high...IDLE temp Im gettin is 53-57 then when I play Source, it goes up to 64-67.

is it suppoe to be that high or did i messed up on something?

cpu is the I7 920 btw. ; using the cooler that came with it for now.
First off, what program are you using to measure temps? If you're not, use Realtemp or Coretemp.
If these two apps still report the high temps, there is something wrong along the way.
Did you clean both the CPU's IHS and the cooler's base with isopropyl/rubbing alcohol?
Is the cooler evenly and securely mounted? Is it making even contact with the CPU?
The i7s still use the push pins, so make sure you mounted it this way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3tk...FC41DDF1D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6

a few degrees under 70°C under load isn't that bad, it's not ideal, but it won't mess up anything and the cpu won't throttle at that temp...

you may also want to check to see how the heatsink is seated and it's orientation, sometimes those two simple things are the culprit in these cases, when I originally installed my E6600 my system kept shutting off because of the heat, I couldn't even get out of the bios, I checked the bottom of the stock heatsink and it was grooved very slightly, so I rotated my heatsink 45° (moved all the pins over one slot to the right) and the temps dropped to 40°C (from 90+)...

a few degrees under 70°C under load isn't that bad, it's not ideal, but it won't mess up anything and the cpu won't throttle at that temp...
His "load" temps are whilst running Source. P95 temps are going to be 10c-15c higher.

seemed it had a abit more of paste than needed. so i cleaned and reapplied and it went down by 20dgrs ... noob of me lol >.<

uhm the I7's run a bit hot compared to most processors nowdays. about 10-20c more underload.

His "load" temps are whilst running Source. P95 temps are going to be 10c-15c higher.

10° higher would be 77°C, under load, still 20° away from any throttling, high...? yes, but still not too high to run, like I said, not ideal, but nothing is gonna burn up at those temps...

my temps are hotter than I would like at this point but my system is still running fine as it is (high 70s under load)...

10° higher would be 77°C, under load, still 20° away from any throttling, high...? yes, but still not too high to run, like I said, not ideal, but nothing is gonna burn up at those temps...

my temps are hotter than I would like at this point but my system is still running fine as it is (high 70s under load)...
I wasn't saying that it wasn't possible for the CPU to run under those conditions. I was just saying that he's running at stock speeds with the stock cooler, those temps aren't normal.

EDIT: Don't you just love B3 Q6600s? :D

I wasn't saying that it wasn't possible for the CPU to run under those conditions. I was just saying that he's running at stock speeds with the stock cooler, those temps aren't normal.

EDIT: Don't you just love B3 Q6600s? :D

I know, right...? my idle temps were in the 20s with my E6600, now I'm getting nervous with summer coming, hopefully the cavalry is also coming, in the form of some Shin-Etsu X23-7783D Paste...

my fingers are crossed...

:D

Back
Top Bottom