7750 Quick cpu cooler suggestion

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
I cant keep this chip cool with the stock cooler Current Settings: 1.4375vcore 15x 3010ghz. i get 36C idle temp, 64C prime95 6 hour avg load temp. Would this work: XIGMATEK Dark Knight

Whats the temp difference that i should expect to see?

Thanks guys

lol if your going to be ocing more than sure get the dark knight but if not dont bother, 64c at 100% load in 6 hours is not a high temp. You wont be using your cpu at 100% contstantly anyways

ah shit that aint high? my cpu keeps failing at 3.2ghz after 10 minutes of prime95 (66C load) no matter what i do with the vcore, i thought it was a heat problem so i went back down

i thought 64C was high for an amd chip?

yea i would get another HS

think about the dark knight or the sunbeam core contact. Pick up some mx-2 or tx-2 also

what HS you using now?

ah shit that aint high? my cpu keeps failing at 3.2ghz after 10 minutes of prime95 (66C load) no matter what i do with the vcore, i thought it was a heat problem so i went back down

i thought 64C was high for an amd chip?

im not sure but never really heard anyone with a problem like that, could be your board or the cpu is just not stable at those settings ?

Maybe it could be unstable but it's supposed a really good overclocker. I don't get why keeps failing.
But I think 64 degrees is a tad high. I would switch the Cooler with something like the Dark Night.

It could be unstable because his particular chip may not overclock well. All CPU's overclock differently.

Anyway, I'd put a new cooler on it if it were me.

It could be unstable because his particular chip may not overclock well. All CPU's overclock differently.

Anyway, I'd put a new cooler on it if it were me.

True. May be slightly different.

hmm my cpu on a stock cooler gets up to 74C at stock clocks when playing a game and its perfectly stable, of course 70C is a bit high but low 60's arnt.

Back
Top Bottom