Anyone can help me?

tapinas

Solid State Member
Today I bought a brand new processor(Intel pentium 2,5 dual core E5200, Core45nm, socket LGA775)

Installed it, but when I started up my computer, my screen says "no signal"

I reinstalled my old processor and it worked just fine. I tried everything(reinstalling and such) but nothing helped me. Then I found out that I had a very poor motherboard (Acer MRS600M) and thought if it could be the problem.

Should I just get a new motherboard? and which one?

Any help would be appreciated.

sorry for my bad english.

Well what kind of RAM Do you have now and also do you have an External Graphics Card (PCI,AGP,PCIE...)? Also what kind of case do you have?

I reinstalled my old processor and it worked just fine. I tried everything(reinstalling and such) but nothing helped me. Then I found out that I had a very poor motherboard (Acer MRS600M) and thought if it could be the problem.

Should I just get a new motherboard? and which one?
The E5200 is a relatively new CPU. Your motherboard may need a BIOS update in order to support it. Have a look on Acer's site and see if they have a new BIOS for it.

Sorry for the late respond, but I have been at work.

I have 4 gb ddr2 ram, and a geforce 9600gt video card.

If I find an update on Acer's site, I don't have to buy a new motherboard?

EDIT: Went to Acer's site found a bios driver, but no manual how to install it. Anyone can tel me?

It's really not worth it sinec you can update the BIOS yourself.

It's really not that hard. You download and unzip the WinPhlash utility. Run it, and in the second box, you can browse for and enter the BIOS file you downloaded earlier. Then just press the Flash BIOS button and it does the rest.

It's really not worth it sinec you can update the BIOS yourself.

It's really not that hard. You download and unzip the WinPhlash utility. Run it, and in the second box, you can browse for and enter the BIOS file you downloaded earlier. Then just press the Flash BIOS button and it does the rest.

OK, I have now downloaded the program, but where do I get a BIOS rom filé. When I get this, I am sure I can od it myself.

I run with windows vista, and the program does not support vista.

Back
Top Bottom