Graphics card

falconmick

Baseband Member
I was wondering if people could tell me if the HIS HD 4890 1GB GDDR5 is a good graphics card, and if it isnt, a card which is better and cost the same, thank you.

I was wondering if people could tell me if the HIS HD 4890 1GB GDDR5 is a good graphics card, and if it isnt, a card which is better and cost the same, thank you.

Yes the 4870's are good cards but to be honest, this GTX Core 216 is alot more powerful and as other people will say (including myself) that the nvidia drivers are much better.

Yes the 4870's are good cards but to be honest, this GTX Core 216 is alot more powerful and as other people will say (including myself) that the nvidia drivers are much better.
facepalm.jpg

We need a bit more info, what are you system specs? Do you overclock? What is your monitor's native resolution? What are you using the system for?

agreed lol, the 216 is NOT an overall "faster card" lol. the radeon 4870 gets closer to the gtx 280

and if you are looking to do gaming..the 4870 performs well on higher resolutions, the radeon 4890 i dont think is worth the extra money when theres only a considerable maybe 10% diff between the 4870 and 4890

Those are all great cards, whatever you buy should be plenty for any game that is out there right now. You don't always have to buy the best or the fastest card.

exactly, if your going to buy a 4890, please dont be a noob and buy it, buy the 4870

Worship me, I am not an nVidia fanboy. I'll take whatever card better suits me. or that I can afford first. If I got given a 4870, I'm not going to turn around and sell it and get a GTX Core 216, I will take it for the great card that it is. And vissa-versa.

why did you state that it was more powerful than a 4870? the gtx 216 isnt...

Actually it is on the majority of games. Unless he's playing Dead Space, the Core 216 beats the 4870 in the majority of tests. Plus, you can get one for $169.99 with free shipping and a free copy of World At War.

Oh yeah, it also depends on what resolution you are playing on. What is the resolution of your monitor?

Please do not turn this into an argument, or mods will close this thread, which wouldn't be fair on the OP.

Play nicely children ^^

Back
Top Bottom