Windows 7 ATI Display Driver Install FAIL

Equinox1354

In Runtime
Watch the video first..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F64KFhJ9e4

Of the View Log, here is what was and was not installed and why I got the error.

Packages for install
ATI Catalyst Install Manager
Final Status: Success
Version of Item: 3.0.715.0
Size: 20 Mbytes
ATI Display Driver
Final Status: Fail
Version of Item: 8.591.0.0000
Size: 90 Mbytes

Error messages
Driver Install: the specified driver package was not installed for matching devices

You using the 32 or 64 bit version of Windows?

Does Windows 7 have a "run as administrator" option like Vista? I've never messed with Windows 7. If so, right click and run as administrator.

You using the 32 or 64 bit version of Windows?

Does Windows 7 have a "run as administrator" option like Vista? I've never messed with Windows 7. If so, right click and run as administrator.

Yes, 32 bit.

I tried run as administrator. For this, basically the same.

I don't think the x series cards are supported by the Windows 7 drivers. I think only the HD series cards are.

You could give them a try though: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...ev=9.4&ostype=Windows 7 Beta - 32-Bit Edition

But the x1650 is not in the release notes.

BTW, you need to use the drivers for your operating system. Vista drivers won't work in Windows 7. I just watched your video again and noticed there was an option for Windows 7 below Vista. Give the driver I linked to a try.

That is really confusing how they put "win_7" in the driver name and it doesn't work with Windows 7. There might be some problem that is unknown to me going on, but I'm not sure. I'm sure another member with more knowledge on this issue will swing by later. Sorry I can't help more.

Edit- Also I also just read the release notes for the driver you downloaded (the Vista 32 one). Windows 7 is listed in the supported operating systems, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I tried to install nVidia drivers straight from the nVidia website when I had W7. It failed. Just run windows update, it should have the driver there!

Watch the video first..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F64KFhJ9e4

Of the View Log, here is what was and was not installed and why I got the error.

Packages for install
ATI Catalyst Install Manager
Final Status: Success
Version of Item: 3.0.715.0
Size: 20 Mbytes
ATI Display Driver
Final Status: Fail
Version of Item: 8.591.0.0000
Size: 90 Mbytes

Error messages
Driver Install: the specified driver package was not installed for matching devices

I already told you that Windows 7 is in the beta stage and does not support any older and some newer cards.....

found this thread in a google search... having a similar (kinda) issue.

i have a dell Inspiron 1501 with the ATI radeon Xpress 1150 graphics card.

when i ran Windows 7 Beta 7000 (32bit) i successfully installed the drivers meant for Vista 32 bit without issue.

i just now upgraded to Windows 7 RC (Build 7100) and nothing i try for video card drivers works. now the interesting this is the ATI installer claims i have a Radeon 200 series card.

Other detected devices
ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series
Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc
Device ID 0x5950
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x060000
Revision ID 0x10
Subsystem ID 0x01f5
Subsystem vendor ID 0x1028

now i know this is not a fact, since Aero worked on Build 7000 and the Xpress 200 series card is not compatible with Aero. also checked directly with Dell and my computer came equipped with the Radeon 1150.

after messing with build 7100 for a few hours i tried to go back to build 7000 the ATI drivers i previously used will not work at all.

is it possible my integrated video card is failing?

virus^ i never clikced the link, i scanned it with avast, and its his only post..

any way, i think your card isnt officially supported by w7 even tho ati says it does, probably doind what most companies do and arent standing behind their products.. my 4670 works fine tho, but like flightsimboy said its an HD series

Back
Top Bottom