Cable Internet Question

Yes, you can get an internet connection through any cable outlet in the house. We have Comcrap too. Good service, just too damned expensive.

I know, but it's either that or Verizon DSL. We pay around $30 a month for a 5MB plan. It's not horrible.

That's not too bad. Our bill is for $102. That covers both high speed internet and basic cable. I think the internet charge alone is in the high $70 range.

I tried bringing it to the basement and hooking it up to the cable connection. It didn't work.

Now I can't go SLI. :(

You'll have to go to your network and internet settings create a new connection through your onboard LAN. It's still trying to connect wirelessly.

You'll have to go to your network and internet settings create a new connection through your onboard LAN. It's still trying to connect wirelessly.

I know that. The modem isn't picking up a connection. The "receive" light isn't solid.

Nope. Satellite is completely different. If outlet in the basement is not cable, then you wont be able to use the Comcrap internet.

Back
Top Bottom