"If its worth doing, its worth over doing"

Half Evil

Golden Master
what year/model is your jeep? 4.0L I6 or jeeps 4cylinder?...just curious cuz some jeeps come with a D35 and some newer ones came with a D44.

The D30 wasnt ever designed for a large tire....like a 37.
The axle strength isnt just how big a tire it can turn, but how long it will last also.
These are just some things to think about:
-Wheel bearings are going to wear much faster
-the ball joints ARE going to be ate up like crazy.
-the stock breaks will no longer be a safe mode of slowing the vehicle. You will have to hammer the breaks hard, they will get real hot and warp the rotor and melt pads.... but thats ok because while you have the rotor off you can change the wheel bearings...and since you have the wheel bearings out you can change your outer front U-joints....and while you've got those out you can change the ball joints.

Not trying to be a dick, but there is nothing smart about running a 37 on a dana 30, especially if you plan on driving it mostly on the street.
If its not safe, its not cool...no matter how big and shiny it is.

But with a fully build axle and vanco big brake kit would last till I had a chance to upgrade Thanks for your concern, or whatever it is your doing but I'm not a mindless idiot like the rest of the internet.

What do you guys think about this statement?

I am having a hard time deciding what to do with my Jeep.

Either a 6'' lift with 37s or a 4'' lift with 35s. Ill explain my reasoning in a second, but first, pictures

37s
JeepScottAmes.png

jeep2.png

35s
HPIM1239.jpg

HPIM1241.jpg

Anyways, see it stacks up like this. I am gonna be dealing used cars here soon with my fathers friend. Anyways, I think I have it almost worked out to where he will buy me whatever I want and I get to work it out. His son gets wholesale EVERYTHING. So he would buy me what I want, and I would work it off.

Now, the first picture is a Rubicon Express 5.5'' Long arm system. To do this I need alot of stuff

RE 5.5 Extreme Duty -2,800
Toyo MT 37x14.50x15 -1,500
RE 2'' BB kit - 80
Slip Yoke Eliminator - 200
One ton steering upgrade - 230
Custom driveline - 300
Vanco Big Brake Kit - 700
Chromoly Axle upgrades - 500 (x2)

Now thats to just do it correctly. I could just get the lift tires and SYE and driveline and go. But the problem is with my gear ratio in the axles my 5speed transmission would never see the bottom two speeds (4th and 5th). Because it would have to push the tires so hard... (thats what the axle upgrades are for). Id loose all power, and could do very little wheeling with this because the axle is so weak for these size tires. I could upgrade but the upgrade is (1500 USED)!!!

So see, its stupid expensive. But my delima is this. Going one size down can save me a ton of money on EVERYTHING.

I can get a get a 4'' lift and put the figures down like this. And going with this size of tires, my transmission would be fine and same with axles. This would be the least stress, because the first option everything wouldnt get done at once.

Rough Country 4'' - 500
Toyo MT 35x13.50x15 - 1100
SYE - 200
Driveline - 300

But see, the difference is height. I want like a little mini monster truck. Everyone puts on a 4'' lift and 35'' inch tires because its whats affordable. Obviously. The set up with 37s is what I want and is to large of a cost no one does it. Im thinking I should go big or go home here. And Im not the kind of guy who likes what everyone else does. I wanted to do a step up. So granted, the 4'' is cool, its just doesnt turn me on (lol) like the 6'' lift and 37s. I get such a good feeling thinking about having my jeep on 37s. But thinking about cost and such it doesnt seem reasonable at all. So then I think about 35s, and I just dont get the same tickle. As much as it would so cool to have it on 35s.Im sure I would be just as happy (but looking on the computer I just wanna go bigger)

And this isnt like computers where I can buy now upgrade later. If I get the cheap lift, I need to buy a whole new lift if I ever wanted to upgrade. Its not worth to try to mess around with 'upgrades'. So its one or the other.

But then again, I could get the big lift, and the 35'' tires and upgrade tires later. But the thing is that the 35s look a little funky because the lift is so large, and the tires look dwarfted. Maybe I am just stingy, and maybe it doesnt look that bad. (im still searching for this picture)

It sounds to me like you've already made up your mind. You want a 6" lift with 37's so get it. You can't always let money stop you from getting what you want. If there is a will there is a way. So in your case I know you can pay it off. Also, those prices for that Rubicon lift will be cheaper right? I looked up the retail price and that's what you would be paying but wholesale should be considerably cheaper. You should talk to your employer and work out a price and go from there.

edit - also for a future decision I recommend black rims. Definitely looks more badass than chrome would on a black jeep.

Well im not totally sure how willing he is to spend a few thousand on my jeep. But I definitely want to go that high. I guess its worth begging for lol. I wish I didnt have to let money stop me from getting what I want. This is one of the few things I really want though and eventually I will get it. Even if I have to do 35s first. Which I am willing, but I dont want to. Do it once and do it right kind of thing. But is the 37s over doing it?

Well, I hope its considerably cheaper :D but at this price tag, who really knows. Ive never even seen a wholesale price of something like this. And I already have black rims :D White jeep though.... white jeep.

Well im not totally sure how willing he is to spend a few thousand on my jeep. But I definitely want to go that high. I guess its worth begging for lol. I wish I didnt have to let money stop me from getting what I want. This is one of the few things I really want though and eventually I will get it. Even if I have to do 35s first. Which I am willing, but I dont want to. Do it once and do it right kind of thing. But is the 37s over doing it?

Well, I hope its considerably cheaper :D but at this price tag, who really knows. Ive never even seen a wholesale price of something like this. And I already have black rims :D White jeep though.... white jeep.

Oh your's is white i forgot! Then chrome looks better with white but black is not a big deal.

As for a 6" lift with 37's...ya that's going to be a tall jeep! I don't think 35" tires will look all that bad with a 6" lift either. You know what you could do is a 4" suspension with a 2" body lift. That will give you enough room to put 35" tires on your jeep. If it was me, that would be the route I would take but then again, that's more of a generic lift that people do. You said you want to stand out and going bigger will achieve that.

I refuse to do a body lift. 1.25'' is OK. But after that you gotta move your radiator down, A/c, gas filler neck, T/c linkages transmission shifter linkage and all this other crap.

Its worth it lol

Go for the 37's man

Big badass Jeeps FTW! "Go big or go home"

I would add in a upgrade for some extra HP though, something like an intake, just for a little extra punch when you are trying to get up a hill or go through a mud hole.

BTW, you better check all this with the guy who's going to be paying for it before you get too excited or too much into it.

Idk I personally think it's kinda dumb to have your jeep jacked up like that unless you are like.. rock climbing.
You will also have to take in mind that this is probably going to make your jeep way more top heavy no more pushing it at higher speeds one little bump could send you flying.

But if you want to have "what everyone else can't afford" go for it. If that is what you really want. :)

if you go with the 37's please make the drive shafts the same color as the body the same color as all the stuff you can see on the bottom. I think the silver clashes with the black.

Back
Top Bottom