audio, HTPC's...

pud

In Runtime
I remember a day when fancy home theater recievers came in two pieces. A pre-amp processor and the amplifier. Then they were combined into a 1 piece unit dubbed a reciever, you load the back full of input cables (a/v) and speaker wires then use the reciever to select between the inputs.
Now enter the HTPC, its a full digital reciever. It does all the work so if you have an HTPC then you dont need a reciever with multiple input selections because the HTPC will select between TV, music, and video. All you need is something to pick up a digital S/PDIF signal, process it and send mucho power to your speakers. Sure maybe add some RCA in's.
The problem is I cant find anything like this...so has anyone seen something like this?

What I've done for my HTPC is pickup a second hand Denon receiver. They are excellent value for the price and will do everything you need and more. Sure its got all the connections you don't need but you won't find anything that is just spdif and an amp

Ive got a reciever but no HTPC lol. My tv has a d-sub in tho so Ive taken to watching movies online lol. My MoBo has s/pdif out so I get good sound too.

Back
Top Bottom