Need help with Hard to get rid of SPYWARE

Herpderp23

Baseband Member
Hey, I have some kind of serious spyware or virus on my desktop computer. I was browsing the internet looking for a serial key, and it started spitting me out to other websites and such when I clicked. One of them had something on it and really F'd up my comp. I used Spybot S&D, Spyware Doctor, and AVG, and it seems none of them could do the job, except Spybot, which I think removed most of it. I was gaming last night and everything was ok, and I got PC Tools Browser Defender to help tell me what sites are good and bad. Now today, I turn on my comp and it gives me "NTLDR Is missing press ctrl alt delete to restart" and it wont even get to the loading screen. I attempt to press F8 to go into Safe mode but not even that will work. I can boot from CD though. If anyone can assist me with this problem, and also what program can really get rid of viruses and spyware, especially hard to get ones. I'm running Windows XP 64 bit. Thanks in advance for any help =) appreciate it.

Change your computer's boot sequence. Make sure that your computer's first boot sequence is the CD-ROM Drive.

1.Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.

2.When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.

3.When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

4.Enter in the following commands

COPY X:i386NTLDR C:
COPY X:i386NTDETECT.COM C:
[where X=CD ROM Drive]
Take out the CD ROM and type exit

This is one of the best programs I have found to get rid of some of the nastiest malware: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. :D

I'm using my windows XP pro 64 bit CD and it doesnt give me a R (Repair) option. It's just, Set up on selected item, create a partition in unpartitioned space, and delete the selected partition options. But when I put in the Windows XP 32 Bit CD it does have a repair option. Is it possible for me to use that one, even though my OS is 64 bit?

btw, where you say....

COPY X:i386NTLDR C:
COPY X:i386NTDETECT.COM C:
[where X=CD ROM Drive]
Take out the CD ROM and type exit

You say X = CD Rom Drive, what do you mean? Do i put the letter my CD Rom drive is there? And do i put anything after C: ?

Yea, I don't know about that. I'd hate to advise you to give it a shot and have it screw things up even more. (Not that it's screwed up already.)

EDIT:

Yes, X would be the letter of your CDROM. Then the rest is entered as shown.

I'm using the 32 bit CD and I tried...

COPY D:i386NTLDR C:
COPY D:i386NTDETECT.COM C:

Guessing my drive is letter D?

and i got "The system cannot find the file specified", Did i type it correctly?

You could have the CDROM drive letter wrong. . .

Or the system is looking for the 64bit version of the file.

There are quite a few options in here also, one of which is FIXMBR, isnt that related to the NTLDR?

I guess I'm screwed since 64 BIT doesnt have any repair option >.> I can almost feel the reformatting pain already, especially since nothing is backed up lol.

FIXMBR will repair the master boot record, but not any of the system files. You could try running Chkdsk to see what it can do.

Short of doing a full reinstall, you could try a repair install. It will leave all your files and programs intact, but you will need to reinstall all drivers, service packs and updates. How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

CHKDSK found one or more errors from what it said, But don't think it actually did anything. I'm going to check out that Repair thing you linked =D

btw I just copied the 2 files,

copy D:\i386\ntldr C:\
copy D:\i386\ntdetect.com C:\

you forgot the \ =P

Back
Top Bottom