Do all websites track IP's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water

Solid State Member
Ok well here is my situation, and it hits close to home

my current relationship, her x-boyfriend had posted certain pictures of her from years ago on a website, this happened a year ago and the authorities did nothing about it. They did not deeply investigate where the pics were uploaded from....

it happened again recently on a new site, so if someone makes an account on a website where pictures can be uploaded, doesn't the web host or owner of site have access to that persons IP address? Anyone who either visits or logs onto the site?

If this ordeal happens again, I want to make sure we have proof of who is doing it and I will want to ask the site the account information since its illegal to do this without consent

thank you

Yup, most any site you go to logs your IP addy. If there's any legal action taken, the authorities should be able to contact said website and obtain the needed information.

Yup, most any site you go to logs your IP addy. If there's any legal action taken, the authorities should be able to contact said website and obtain the needed information.

Yeah thanks, that is what I thought. They were posted on 2-3 websites over the time period we found them and I knew something could be traced simply by the person who did it logging on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom