Help with Windows Vista please

ineedsomehelp1

Beta member
I asked this on yahoo questions but I'm not sure I got the right info

"I need to know how to hack into the administrator account of windows vista. I am NOT trying to get into someone else's account. I forgot my password and now I'm using the guest account but I can't download anything (and I'm trying to purchase photoshop!!!). Please don't tell me I have to reinstall windows vista" :(

this is the answer I got

Shut down your computer
open in SAFE MODE (dos black screen with white writing) either F4 / F8 button when prompted (got to do this at the correct time on computer initialisation

Will go in as normal no user accounts (main or Guest)

Then go into control panel and go to USERS ACCOUNTs
delete all accounts
restart computer and it should work

Is that correct? If I do that will everything from my computer be deleted? I already saved all my songs and photos on flashdrive because I think they will be.

Also will I have internet connection problems after I do this???
thanks

will someone help? I wanna get this done by tonight.

I'd say get a mac, because if you forget your Password you can easily just hold down Command + S and you enter a code to boot in single user mode and then tada, you created a new admin account which from there you can change the password of the admin and restart the computer and just log in. THAT IS FOR MAC!!! The way on vista is Shut down your computer
open in SAFE MODE either F4 / F8 button when prompted (got to do this at the correct time on computer initialization. Then go into control panel and go to user accounts
Change the Admin password. Restart the computer and you should be able to log into the admin account

Download THIS and burn it to disk.

open in SAFE MODE either F4 / F8 button when prompted (got to do this at the correct time on computer initialization. Then go into control panel and go to user accounts
Change the Admin password. Restart the computer and you should be able to log into the admin account

Disregard, my apologies to you diamondsoft.

By the way this does NOT work. Why would anyone be allowed to just restart the computer into safe mode and change the administrator password? Makes no sense, not to mention would be a HUGE security hole. You have to be an admin to change an admin password.
Actually it does work, you are accessing the hidden admin account by booting to safe mode, from there you have access to all user accounts on the pc via the Control Panel.

To stop misuse of this you can set a password on this account also, I would caution anyone thinking of doing this to consider it carefully because if you lose that password you're going to have a lot of trouble getting back into your os and may even need to reinstall (especially if your drives are encrypted)

Actually it does work, you are accessing the hidden admin account by booting to safe mode, from there you have access to all user accounts on the pc via the Control Panel.

To stop misuse of this you can set a password on this account also, I would caution anyone thinking of doing this to consider it carefully because if you lose that password you're going to have a lot of trouble getting back into your os and may even need to reinstall (especially if your drives are encrypted)

Well I'll be damned, I will have to try it later. It still makes no sense to me though as to why they would make a back door to user accounts.

I can never understand how people can forget their admin passwords.If you are making a password that could lock you out of your computer for christ sake choose one you will remember

I can never understand how people can forget their admin passwords.If you are making a password that could lock you out of your computer for christ sake choose one you will remember

Agreed, it happens too much. I got the feeling they're trying to get into someone else' account.

Back
Top Bottom