When I enter a keyword in google search box, Is it encrypted before going to server ?

pranav.tech

Beta member
When I enter a keyword in google search box, Is it encrypted before going to server ? :confused:
If not, does that means anybody can view my searched keywords between me and google server ?

I do not belive it is. Usually on pages with encryption you see a lock or something along the bottom of the brower, and I see nothing.

Pretty much yes. Not to make you paranoid but pretty much anything you do on the internet can be tracked and read even with encryption.

Shouldn't be encrypted because aren't search engines information public?

The information you get, yes. BUT for the sake of statistical information (like popular searches) it can't be encrypted.

No, when you type in a keyword in the search bar, it is not encrypted, I don't think Google does this to hack people lol, but more for statistics like celegorm said. Like most popular searches etc...

If it was an encrypted page, you would either see the lock symbol or it would have a URL starting with "https://"... Dunno about any other ways of telling if a page is encrypted

To be honest there isn't much need for encryption on a search engine IMO

Aarandorf

Back
Top Bottom