shocked no gears 2 thread?

I haven't gotten the chance to play Fallout 3 yet, so I can't really say anything good or bad about it. I've heard it is really good though.

I was told GoW2 was simply more GoW. It sounded like there wasn't that much new and you'd pretty much have to like the first one a lot to even have a chance of liking second. But it's not like I'm not aware that word of mouth isn't the most credible source.

Epic Games has definitely optimized the engine and they've made it look REALLY good. As far as gameplay goes, the videos I've watched show some pretty nice footage. New weapon additions are pretty nice, not too many which good. The addition of new villains is refreshing...the first one had too many grubs.

From what I've heard, they've also deepened the story and plot a lot more. It's not only focused on Marcus Fenix now, but also his best friend Dominic Santiago and the other members of his squad. There's more to the story than just "oh noes! It's an invasion! Augh!"

As far as graphics are concerned, I'd say it's more about how much bigger the levels are. It was pretty cool watching all those building sink at a distance. Epic definitely did an excellent job with their engine.

The story does try to be deeper and more involved, but honestly I don't really care about it. Shooters such as these are not capable of delivering a story deep enough to hold my interest for long. It tries to be a lot more dramatic now, but it isn't doing much for me.

It really does come down to if you liked gears in the first place. Gears 2 is just a refined Gears 1 with more things to kill and different things to kill them with in different environments.

Being more of an RPG guy as of late, I'm probably not going to go out of my way to buy a 360 to play Gears 2, but the growing number of good RPGs exclusive to the 360 may change that.

In the end, I'm just disappointed that Epic has decided to blame Piracy for Gears 1 not selling spectacularly on the PC (despite the game being out for a whole year already and being a port of questionable quality). People who spend $60 on a game aren't exactly willing to put down another $50 just to play it on their PC... I sometimes feel like I wasted $50 on the PC version when epic has now turned their back on the platform I supported them on..

It bugs me to the point that should I ever buy another game from Epic on a console.. it's coming from the used section in gamestop, even if the difference is only a dollar or two.

gears is more gears but so much more bad ass
the story line gets really sad =[
but the online mode and the single player campain are both top notch
y wouldnt u want more gears? thats y its called gears 2

as for fall out besides maybe the game play how u can compare that game and the story line to oblivoin is beyond me

as for fall out besides maybe the game play how u can compare that game and the story line to oblivoin is beyond me
Yep, that's it! I knew there was a slight difference, the storyline has changed, oh! And there are guns. :p

Matt loved oblivion a lot. Here is what he had to say:
[11:36] Mike Reiner: Matt
[11:36] ermac: mike
[11:36] Mike Reiner: was fallout3 literally oblivion with guns?
[11:37] ermac: yes

i think Gears 1 was alright, i only got passed the part where that jaggernaut chase after you, and you use him to break down the walls.
Gears 2 doesnt seem to interest me.
I dont like Halo, all my friends either likes it or is alright with it. I dont like it because i dont like the weapons in the game. Guess im not a fan of FPS with futuristic/fantasy guns.
I played fallout till i got out of the Vault 101, then i stopped, Same thing happened when i was playing Oblivion.

Theres not much good games thats out for the 360 of my interest, mainly because i prefer it to play it on my PC. I got 3 1/2 games, which is Forza Motorsport 2, Tenchu Z, DOAX2, and half of GTAIV (split it with a friend).
I dont see any good games coming out to 360 either, to me, the wii seems like it has better games in 2009 (Fatal Frame 4 :p ). Maybe i should invest in a PS3?

speaking of wii
animal crossing and the conduit count me in =P

left for dead looks nasty for the pc just got the demo
cod4 world at war looks good
mirros edge ill get for the pc also prince of persia
(i only buy games im going to play with people from my school such as gears and guitar hero 5)
resident evil 5 hopefully for the pc

Matt loved oblivion a lot. Here is what he had to say:
[11:36] Mike Reiner: Matt
[11:36] ermac: mike
[11:36] Mike Reiner: was fallout3 literally oblivion with guns?
[11:37] ermac: yes

But Oblivion was the shit! I still remember two summers ago where I logged 218 hours of Oblivion on Xfire. :p It's so fun and the mods just make it better and better.

Back
Top Bottom