Another NES PC

nevermind1534

Daemon Poster
I have an NES conversion that I started , and will hopefully finish this year.

nintendo.png
(Thanks go to jdbnsn from THEBESTCASESCENARIO for the banner)

I just got the parts today, and I've been waiting forever to do this. I disassembled the NES a long time ago, and also got the power button working with my computer (now, I just have to find it again). I don't like how, for virtually all NES casemods, people just cut a big hole in the back. I am trying to make it look just like an unmodded NES, except for the bottom, where I think that I will put all of the ports. I got a motherboard with one of the new Intel Atom processors for this one. It runs at 1.6GHz. Here's a pic of everything.

I'm still waiting for the hard drive and a parallel port card; they should come tomorrow.

I got the my 60GB hard drive and the parallel port PCI card today. I hope to at least get it running windows today. I still need to order the PicoPSU, and I need an optical drive IDE adaptor.

I also might get this, if the card doesn't fit.

I'm using the hardware right now, works great! Will upload pictures when I can get back on my main computer.

EDIT~~~~ I'm back. Here's the pics

desktopnespcnz6.png

Yes, my room's a mess.

sure. I want it to look as original as possible (as in original hardware).

Okay, I got the dremel out.

But it won't do much good without the battery or charger.

Well, I went to ACE hardware yesterday to get a new Dremel. I got the 400XPR, since it was nice and came with everything. Here's some pics of it on my newly sanded down sides of my server case.

I hope to be able to get working on it tomorrow.

I removed all of the unneeded plastic risers for the screws from the NES last week.

Here's some pics

I just ordered the PicoPSU and the Slim CD adaptor from mini-box, and that should be all that I need to complete the build.

I just got my package. The slim CD - IDE adapter is not wanted at all. Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of soldering. With the PicoPSU, this computer is nearly silent. I'm on it right now, and it's a ton quieter than my desktop, although the fans in that should really be replaced, because they're way too loud. The only fan currently on the NES PC is the tiny CPU fan. It's quieter than a lot of hard drives.

I figured I should update this, at least with a pic, since there have been no updates for a while.

dcfc0195bh8.jpg

If you haven't noticed, I took the Dremel to the motherboard to reduce the height in the back. I powered it on when I was done for the day, and to my surprise, everything still worked great. The NES in the background is not the one that I'm using.

There's what I have so far. Let me know what you think.

Looks like it's gonna be a cool build, but two things:

First, resize your pics. They are enormous.

Second, don't put your motherboard on the carpet. Static electricity is the last thing you want stopping your mod.

I will resize them when I have time (hopefully this week). The site that I originally had this posted on resized them automatically. I think I'm going to put that board in an xbox, so it can run windows, and get one with the atom 330, because that has an s-video output, and it's dual-core.

Yeah, some forums auto-resize and some don't.

Whatever you decide to do I wanna see the results :D

i know nevermind in real life. damn you for making so much money off selling these on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom