XP Antivrus 2008 Problems

How is this being spread around? By email?

Not that I've seen. I clicked on a link to a site from Google the other day and it led to a site that looked simalar to a foler in windows XP but wasn't. It prompted me to download the said program. I didn't click on anything and went into Windows Task Manager and closed the window. Nothing was downloaded.

Its a nasty little virus. As soon as it installs it locks you out of the task manager, changes to that blue backdrop, and reports about every 3 seconds with a new virus warning.

It was starting to piss me off honestly. Avast couldn't get rid of it in safe mode. Windows defender picked up one trojan but it failed to get it. I bet if I would of went into msconfig I could have started it from starting up.

Location is nested C:\Windows\syswow64\pphcp37j0ea.exe. It can't be deleted through since the program is in use at boot. I'm not sure if stopping the task would of got it or not.

These are some of the fake reports it generates to get you to buy it. All objects in quarantine are from this virus.

XP2008Virusalerts.jpg

Did you ever get rid of it,I'm looking at his computer when i get back from holidays,He cant quite get to the Registry editor,SO He has no way of changing the desktop,So after i get rid of it i will have to find out why it wont run.

Update:

He gave my his computer because it was also BSOD'ing (Cant Mount Volume) After using the UBCD I Fixed the bad sectors and could get back into windows,it logged in once and then the virus re-appeared again,i shutdown immediatly to go do some research,i printed out an article of which files and DLL's to get rid of,now i cant log back in,Normal mode or safe mode!

UPDATE Again:I gave up and just reinstalled windows :D

Back
Top Bottom