SSH, SNMP on a Dell Powerconnect 2724

zdunham

Beta member
Hi, at work I've recently been assigned to set up a Dell Powerconnect 2724 switch, I'm a little new to this so bear with me. I have all the settings done that were requested except one. They want management access to the switch to be through SSH only. Everything I've seen on how to do this is either vague or for a higher numbered version of the Powerconnect. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Well, have you tried to just PuTTy into it? It may well have SSH enabled by deafult...

Like J03 said, I would see if you can SSH into it. If you have your SSH server set up correctly then you should be all set. I would try from a computer on the network first. Then try from outside the network.

Cheers!

My problem is that I don't know if you can even do SSH on this PowerConnect switch version. I wouldn't even know where to look in the manage mode settings. My boss wants me to disable all other forms of access to it and right now I'm accessing it on a laptop with a crossover cable.

Thanks for the posts by the way.

Anyways I just talked to a Dell representative and they said this version doesn't support SSH, thanks for your help anyways guys.

Back
Top Bottom