Emu Terrorizes My Town

Ahyoka

Daemon Poster
Yeah....the title is right, this is a rather bizzare story even for me. There is a Emu on the loose, for those of you who don't know what a Emu is just picture an Ostrich. Now you may be wonder why a bird that looks like that is terrorizing my town? it's not nessaceraly the bird itself but more the trail of destruction the bird is leaving behind. So far by my count the bird has

-knocked down one guys fence
-crushed several shrubs
-scared at least one elderly lady
-has nearly been the cause of several wrecks

He has been sighted by about dozen or so folks in 3-4 different places around our community. So far he has stayed away from my familys little pondorossa until today.

To give you a little background on why a bird like that is even running around let's turn the clock back about a year...somewhere around last june-july a storm came through and blew the birds owner barn/shed down and he escaped...people reported seeing him in the county seat, which as the crow flies is about 22 or so miles from my community. People reported seeing him for over the new few weeks then he dissapered and alot of people thought something got him or that he was so doscile and dependent on humans he couldn't survive on his own. Well, they were wrong.

He has resurfaced, a year later and 22 or so miles from home and he apparently has became ferral again because whenever he has been flushed out of hiding by people he has been described as attempting to fly and running like some kind of bat out of hell. Over the past 3-4 days more people have seen him and he has by most accounts been headed this way. At some point this week the bird in question was running from a dog and jumped over a fence into a pasture, the horse that was in the pasture didn't appreciate the visitor and jumped over the fence and out of the pasture. Now there is a horse on the loose along with the Emu, Its about 2-3 miles to my house from where the horse in question escaped from and this morning I was helping my grandparent's pick/shuck/blanch (aka boil) and lastly freeze the corn. We were outside when my dog buddy started to bark we looked to see there was an unfamiliar horse streaking past the house at mach speed in the pasture. He was booking it like he was running away from something, we still have no idea where that horse is..

I believe the Emu is nearby. This afternoon my mother was going to church to prepare for bible study (my mom leads the music) and as she drove to the church (which is maybe 2 miles from my house) she drove past one of our pastures and saw a strange truck parked out in the field with a strange looking, shaggy haired man running bare foot chasing something. I don't know if it was the birds owner, or if it was some kind of bounty hunter in search of a reward...or if it was just some drunk crazo running around. She stopped at a neighbors house to use the phone to call my aunt because this guy was running in the pasture in front of her house, while she was there she heard how the bird was also seen running up a driveway across from the church early that morning, which its from here he is thought to have jumped into the pasture.

I want to see what all the fuss is about and try to see if I can find this long necked hell raiser so at some point tomorrow I'm going to pack up my camera, load up my .22 and go for a walk and see if I can find this bird, don't worry. I don't plan on shooting it but I sure don't want to be out there without some kind of protection if the bird tries to attack me.

The story may seem rather tame, it even seem as though it's not even terrorizing anything other than the few shrubs the bird has crushed or the animals it's scared, but whats funny is to hear folks talk about it. Bigfoot may as well be running around the way folks talk about it, I get more laughs on the older folks commentary on how its trouble and needs to be found. I will make sure to keep my ear to the ground on how this ends.

I'll update this if the story has anymore developments haha

When I was checking the forum index I accidentally thought the thread title was "Emo Terrorizes My Town" :p

lol this is awesome. I wish stuff this exciting happened where I've lived, but no...

Well I suppose there was that one time where the alligator snapping turtle crawled up on our back porch. :D

Same here. Nothing happens in my town. Except BTK, but he's in jail now. He was a serial killer here. In the loose for like 2-3 decades or something.

Back
Top Bottom