Something changed the way i login

skstylez

Beta member
So, i have windows XP. It used to login with the default login screen and such. but a while back, when i turned on my comp, instead of the xp login, it did an old style login, with a box in the center-top and my wallpaper in the background, asking for user name and pw (even if there is no pw). so, the prob with this is that i had to press OK every time i start up my comp, but it was also slower, and a program like that must create more problems. I have a pretty long boot up time and a pretty long shut down time, anything in between might occur but i have no way of telling. When i try to change the way i login, it says "A recently install program has disabled the Welcome screen and Fast User Switching. To restore these features, you must uninstall the program. The following file name might help you identify the program that made the change: GTGina.dll" so what do i do??

Did you just install a new wireless adapter? That would be it. It's a conflict with the wireless software and Windows. I'm not sure if there's a solution besides upgrading your drivers. What is the model number of the wireless adapter?

Linksys wilereless-G USB network adapter(with speedbooster) model no. WUSB54GS, but there was a time (i think actually when the problem started), when i switched and used Linksys compact wireless-G USB adapter, Model No. WUSB54GC. Even though it isn't in use, the little Linksys connection is still in the taskbar, one disabled for the 2nd card, one in use for the first one. Any way to uninstall this?

Also, sorry for the late reply it took me a bit to find the forum

Nvm, i uninstalled successfully and it worked like a charm. Using the xp login/shutdown system, thx a ton!

Back
Top Bottom