I have work in 2 hours

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
Washing dishes in a pub. Back-breaking work (especially considering there is a festival on this weekend and it's the busiest it's ever been).

Oh well, it's £40 at least for 7 hours work. The new-build I'm saving up for will make it worthwhile.

I wouldn't call washing dishes back breaking work

I don't care what you'd call back-breaking work. Bending over washing and drying endless streams of dishes, running and putting them back in the kitchen for 7 hours straight in the sweltering heat is back-breaking work, especially when we're ridiculously under-staffed.

Yesterday me and all my colleagues were on the verge of walking out it was so tough.

I did that in my younger days at a couple of places. One was a popular steakhouse in the mountains of Colorado. Non stop from open to close. I'd stop in the grocery on the way and pick up some eggs and corned beef. On top of all my chores for the morning I would cook breakfast for the owner and the crew. Then it was off to the races. That place got busy in a hurry.
Silverware and kitchen utensils first followed by cups and glasses then plates and serving platters. Wash out the the big stuff in the sink, swig down a coke and do it again. Over and over and over. From 11am to 3 pm. Then close and clean. Open again at 5pm for dinner till 7pm then the place went to bar mode. And that's when I clocked out and beat feet to the house. 5 days a week for $9.00 an hour tax free money.
We were right outside of the girlscout camp they have out there. When the camp was open, the staff, mostly women, would come down and get shitfaced. Talk about a target rich enviroment.
But after you jockey 10 to 15 trays of plates an hour it felt like I was toting a volkswagon. The heat and steam coming out of the dishwasher machine could scald you if you were in the wrong spot when it opened. So yeah it had it's down side. But for me the getting laid every night by a different woman was well worth the abuse.

I wouldn't say fast paced is backbreaking work. I work fast food and during lunch time it's normally always busy. Sometimes I take the orders out and in that case get crap from the customers sometimes as well as trying to get the food out as fast as possible. Sometimes I work fries, and in that case get fries up and they are all gone within a minute at most... Then I have to constantly put other stuff down as well, so I then get behind on the fries... Fast paced is frustrating, but not backbreaking. I've gotten burnt on the fry station by the heat lamp, the vat oil (350 degrees F), the grill grease, and other stuff such as hot things that just came out of the fry vat. I get $7.70 and am working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

I've been there when we were way understaffed and we got hit bad. The stupid manager thought it would be a good idea to let people go home early to help the labor, but it sure didn't help us when we got hit. Then the people that are there continue to just stand around...

Washing dishes in a pub. Back-breaking work (especially considering there is a festival on this weekend and it's the busiest it's ever been).

Oh well, it's £40 at least for 7 hours work. The new-build I'm saving up for will make it worthwhile.

lolpoint.gif

This is funnier than the CF poster that claimed his work was back breaking after carrying six packs around all day.

Are the plates made of gold there?

That doesn't really sound backbreaking... Not an easy job but far from backbreaking...

Back-breaking is when I had to help this family throw shit away. They had so much furniture. Then they went and made me lay some 30kilo bricks or something. I don't know what it is called but it's supposed to help out with draining. There were a lot of them. At the end of the day I got paid $10...My mom made me do it because they were friends of hers...

Oh yeah...and there was this huge freaking hairy spider that scared the crap out of me. It was laying under some of the old bricks we were throwing away.

Back
Top Bottom