I need a root canal. But the procedure isn't the worst part...

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
It's the cost. £200 ($400) plus additional expenses. That's outrageous, especially when we pay up the ass in taxes for the NHS and they still make us pay that much.

That's two weeks wages at least being spent all on the dentist :mad:

A 19 year old in full-time education really shouldn't have to pay the full amount. Lots of other people get huge reductions, including ****ing immigrants (in fact those leeches get it for free, out of my taxes), but hard working students have to pay in full.

I'm angry.

I'm a full-time student (21 years old) and I have to pay £51 just for a checkup.

My brother just qualified as a doctor (aged 23) and he got charged ~£70 for just a checkup, last week.

Insane. No wonder there's no NHS dentists left, they've packed that in to go on the gravy train and overcharge everyone.

Putting it in perspective, though, £200 for a complex procedure like a root canal seems rather cheap actually. Don't get me wrong, it's still a lot of money, but seems cheap compared to what I've had to pay :S

luckily im a full time student but im only 17 so i get all mine for free but if i didnt my dentist charges £50 for a checkup then i had a filling the other week that is another £50 its outrageous and i am dreading the day i have to start paying

luckily im a full time student but im only 17 so i get all mine for free but if i didnt my dentist charges £50 for a checkup then i had a filling the other week that is another £50 its outrageous and i am dreading the day i have to start paying

Lucky you. I'm 19 and in full-time education so I have to pay in full (if I was 18 it would be completely free).

Ouch...

My teeth aren't that bad, but I could do with them being straightened.

You know how much that'd cost in the UK? About 2-3 grand.

Just had one yesterday. It was so awesome, and seriously the best trip to the dentist I've ever had. Lol

Had 4 Lauretabs in me and I was gonnnnneeeeee sitting in that cumfy ass chair watching Topfun on the ceiling :D

I had my wisdom teeth removed a couple months ago... cost about $300 a tooth for 3,and like $560 for the other one... plus anestetics and all that fun stuff.

Luckily, I don't think I will have to remove my wisdom teeth. I'm not quite sure why because I really wasn't paying attention to what the doctor was saying...

Back
Top Bottom