Legal weed catching on

I don't even smoke it and think it should be legal. There is no good reason why it should be illegal. The US government should spend their time catching real criminals instead of throwing people in jail who have committed a victimless crime.

I'm in the same position as you are.

I don't smoke it, but I think it would be smarter.

If it affects my daily life, then I'm fully against it.

I don't want to see stoned drivers on the freeway, nor do I want them committing crimes.

Great, just what we need. More stoners wandering the streets and driving cars.

I guess you guys think it's a good thing for young kids to get a contact high from people smoking pot nearby. :rolleyes:

Great, just what we need. More stoners wandering the streets and driving cars.

I guess you guys think it's a good thing for young kids to get a contact high from people smoking pot nearby. :rolleyes:

Well instead of making baseless claims we should evaluate the facts:

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3383

Studies show that legalising marijuana does not increase marijuana use.

Marijuana is also less harmful than cigarettes and alcohol, and as long as we prohibit usage to home use or designated places (such as "coffee shops" in the Netherlands) you won't be bothered by it.

In fact statistics from the Netherlands are highly encouraging.

Apart from the proven medicinal benefits it has, the US war on drugs is costing tax payers laughable amounts of money and is failing, and people are going to jail for no reason.

I think the only "good" argument for keeping it illegal is the gate-way drug argument, that cannabis leads to harder drugs. But, if legalising it doesn't lead to increased use, then there will be no increase of people leading on to harder drugs.

Back
Top Bottom