I may have Been Ripped on Ebay...

Yup, he already sent it too, the only thing is, its processing, and my parents wont let me buy another Tilt on ebay until I get my money back for this one... So I need to wait 3 days or so... I wanted to get it before I left next week, but I guess thats not happening...

yep, that insurance is nice. I remember when I shipped the 360 I sold I made sure that the shipping included the insurance just because I know stuff like this happens.

Wow that really sucks man. Hope you get your money back without anymore issues. You should ask him if he has the IMEI number still. They might be able to trace it.

You can find it on both the box and underneath the battery on the phone. I'm guessing he shipped it in the box though so you may be out of luck.

If he had sent in a rebate for it ask if he has a photo copy they normally give them at the store for this purpose. I don't have my box IMEI tag since it was sent in for my rebate.

If he can't find it I'm pretty sure he could contact At&t or where ever he bought it and they should be able to look what number was shipped with the phone.

If he has that they should be able to track it as soon as the phone is activated even off a different sim card.

There are programs out there that trace in case its stolen or auto brick apps that make your phone useless if someone inserts a different sim into it.

I gotta get some sleep I'm freaking tired. I'll check back tonight and see if he can come up with it. In a way it sounds like an insurance scam through the USPS.

Can you link the guys eBay site?

Hope you make some headway today.

Nope he blurred it out. If you look at the middle of the phone were the battery goes in below the numbers CE0678 you'll see a thing on the side that says P/N : with a number following it.

I believe the IMEI number is located right underneath that set of numbers and its been blurred it seems. Probably to protect the identity of the seller or to stop someone from hi jacking his phone.

I'll pull my battery out later on tonight and confirm thats where it should be. I'm pretty positive that's were its at though.

Back
Top Bottom