I may have Been Ripped on Ebay...

superman22x

Golden Master
So the other day, I spent $240 odd dollers on a Tilt on ebay... Well today I get in the mail, a box full of bubble wrap and paper.... No tilt... I email the seller, and am now awaiting a response... My mom signed for the package while I was gone, and there was a sticker on it: "Recieved in Damaged condition."
It is insured through USPS though. So one of 3 things happened:
1. an oversight, as the guy had an ebay business where he bought large amounts of electronics and sold them serperatly on ebay, with a feedback score of 2000+ and he had no negative feedback in the past 12 months.

2. He ripped me off, and is attempting to steal $240 from me.

3. My phone was stolen out of the box by the USPS man, and they stuck a recieved in damaged condition sticker on it, and tricked my mom into signing for it...

If it was insured with UPS by the shipper, then you will get you money back if it is not retrieved. File a claim with UPS first, then try contacting the shipper.

USPS not UPS. I already tried contacting him. I will wait til tommorrow. Maybe he insured it for $240, but forgot to put it in the box... So, I can go to USPS get my $240, and then... have him ship me the phone. Haha, I'm not that kind of person though...

How hard is it to get a claim through USPS? If I go to the USPS store in Harvard tommorrow, will I get my money then?

Oh sorry :), guess I misread that. I don't know how USPS works. But try what I said anyway. With FedEx and UPS, if you insure it, you will get you money back guaranteed for the insured amount.

EDIT: Usually, when a package is already labeled as damaged (FedEX for example), a damage claim is started and you will get a phone call from your local FedEx. Anyway, just call up the USPS or go by and ask them what you need to do.

This is why I only use craigslist to buy used/discount stuff, or I just buy new from a place I know I can trust. You can't really get ripped off if you meet the person face to face to make the sale, unless you meet them in a secluded place and they rob you or something...

Well, I just talked to the guy, he says he sure did insure the phone, and it was in the box when it left his house. So, maybe option 3 above happened... He offered me a refund, and he would get his money back via USPS insurance.

You're lucky he's legit. My dad ordered a graphics card for a friend in Brasil, he paid $800. Then it was faulty and the guy didn't return it in time (before the other arrived) so my dad was charged another $800. Luckily, the guy wasn't a dick and paid it.

Well, I just talked to the guy, he says he sure did insure the phone, and it was in the box when it left his house. So, maybe option 3 above happened... He offered me a refund, and he would get his money back via USPS insurance.

Thats cool. Yeah, insurance refunds are always paid out to the shipper, who in turn refunds you.

Back
Top Bottom