"the Project"

Yeah. I'm down for C++. It's the language I'm best at. I just threw VB because it's probably what most people know. But hell, if I had to pick, it would be C++ hands down. Only problem is, we all need to learn DirectX else we're going to be making text-based games.

What exactly is it? A game of some sort?
I'm a 3D modeller, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be too good when it comes to low poly modelling and UVW unwrapping, so I think I'm out :p

ive just looked at some C++ tutorials and it looks pretty straightforward to me
and with learning pascal i know all the concepts of programming

Well we don't know what it is! Trying to get some ideas. I like Muz's idea, I really do. I just don't know how we go about testing the computer (so pretty much I don't know how we would make it)

Only problem is, we all need to learn DirectX else we're going to be making text-based games.

Not really. One of the links I provided in the other thread linked to developer tools for the MS compilers. One of them helps with C++ games and works with DirectX and OpenGL for you.

Yeah I saw that. My quote was just an example. All I'm saying is that we can't just program the game with C++. We need to use other stuff too.

Ok guys im postin on my phone so cant read what everyone has posted but why dont we pick a language then pick a tutorial site and all go through it a stage at a time then we can all help each other

That's actually a really good idea. Ok. So my vote is. We do C++, and we use Cele's site to learn how to use DirectX and stuff (well it wasn't directx it was something else, I forgot). You guys can go through the C++ tutorial, and if you have questions Cele and I can help.

Back
Top Bottom