Isp Crackdown On P2P

ssc456

Fully Optimized
I heard on the radio in the uk isp's are going to send out letters to people downloading songs illegally. It didnt specifcally mention films but did mention songs ? Anyways i understand virgin has already begun sending letter out to 800 people and if they dont stop then they will be but off the internet

the only problem i am seeing with all of this is there is no distinction between someone who has downloaded like 1000 songs and a person who has downloaded 1 song which i dont think is very fair

well i see your point but i also see the isp point, what there saying is downloading it is wrong doesnt matter how much its jus wrong,

its sort of like robbing a bank to steal £100 or robbing a bank to steal £10,000 at the end of the day its the same crime your commiting jus different results.

i think its bull TBH i mean where am i gonna get all my songs from now i guess im gonna have to stop being cheap and actually buy them

yer but then on the other hand its like speeding ,
there is a big difference between breaking the speed limit by 1mph and breaking it by 100mph isnt there and i think it should be the same with music downloading

yer but then on the other hand its like speeding ,
there is a big difference between breaking the speed limit by 1mph and breaking it by 100mph isnt there and i think it should be the same with music downloading
no doubt it is when it comes to the recording companies themselves. But this story is about the isp's. They are saying if you get done for downloading songs you have your account canceled. They are not going to spend time stuffing around figuring out how many songs you downloaded and kicking you off the net for 1 month or whatever if it is only a few songs.

I wonder why they are doing it..what is in it for the isp? They lose business and money if they ban you...wonder how much the recording companies are paying them.

no doubt it is when it comes to the recording companies themselves. But this story is about the isp's. They are saying if you get done for downloading songs you have your account canceled. They are not going to spend time stuffing around figuring out how many songs you downloaded and kicking you off the net for 1 month or whatever if it is only a few songs.

I wonder why they are doing it..what is in it for the isp? They lose business and money if they ban you...wonder how much the recording companies are paying them.
i think they are doing more so they dont get sued themselves , alhtouhg i know the isp's that take a tough stance on it will loose business whereas the ones that are more laxed about it will get more customers

Shows how crap the world is coming when an isp can get sued for that. It's like Ford getting sued cause someone used a Ford car to smash through a shop door and steal stuff.

my point exactly , i think it sucks that isp's should be penalised for what their users do because they dont have any control over their users directly all they can do is punish them when they do wrong

Back
Top Bottom