So I almost got into a car accident yesterday!!

superman22x

Golden Master
But my cat like reflexes saved me! Haha, it was my fault though... I live out in the country, and I was pulling off my road, onto 173, and it was clear so I pulled out, and I didnt accelerate fast or anything, just normal, but this guy comes flying around the corner in his falling apart GMC Jimmy, and I think he must have been going about 80-90. Gets right up on my tail, I was only at like 35 by the time he was on my tail, he was going FAST, then he starts to pass me, and I just kept on accelerating... actually started accelerating a little more, got up to 55, guy got angry cause I didnt stay the same speed for him to pass me, and there were other cars coming. So as soon as he got in front of me, he slammed on his brakes... I slammed on mine too, and mine stop a little fast, cause my truck is lighter, so that saved me... Then he started pointing at his head and shaking his finger then, like, "Think next time kid." Then he turns his turn signel on and slows down, so I slow down too, to keep my distance, and then he turns it off and speeds back up, and does the thing with his finger again. Acting like an idiot. Then he just takes off, we were both going about 50, then all of a sudden he is pulling away going 90 again, cause I sped up to 60 and he was still pulling away kinda fast.

I should've got his plates and called him in, lol.
"Harvard Police Department"
"Yeah, I got a reckless driver here, he is going about 90 down 173 here in a POS car. Plate number ******"
and of course, with our department...
"Is he Mexican?"
"No...?"
"Dont worry about it then kid."
"Wait, yeah he is definitly Mexican!"
"Oh? (said off to the side) We got a reckless driver traveling 110mph in a POS Jimmy, send in the whole sqaud to intercept."

Not being racist to anyone here! My friend swears the Harvard police are racist, lol. He got pulled over cause he turned around in a one-way street, not knowing it was one way. And instead of just giving a warning or just a ticket, we had to wait 45 minutes for 2 other squad cars, and the search dog too come... And of course, it found nothing... He says its cause he is Mexican they sent the Dogs.
Anyway, thats my story.

Never been that bad for me. i got kinda annoyed at a tailgater once and kinda brake checked them by pressing harder on the brakes, not skidding or anything, and then speeding up again. I try to stay about 5 miles over the speed limit (limit is 35) and everyone else on my road goes 50 or more... You can tell who drives the speed limit as you pass them since they usually have 2-5 cars piled behind them during a busier time of day. :p

I've also had the people that want to pass, but do it very slowly on a 2 lane road. I was going down a 2 lane road going out of town and there was a truck that was passing slowly, thought maybe it was going to speed up, but it didn't much. I sped up a little since there was a speed limit change and the end of the 2 lanes was near. I had little lane left, and he was still beside me kinda, I could either floor it or brake to let him pass. So I slammed on my brakes and locked the brakes to let him pass to show I was annoyed. It was fun, lol. But I hate people like that. If I would have floored it he would have ended up tailgating me since he turned on my road anyway.

Yeah, the guy was being an asshole too me... I could have brake checked him when he was on my tail, instead I sped up while he was passing, maybe next time he will look before he passes.... Then he had to brake check me hardcore... 55 droping down to 15... I have antilockes and I still skidded a little. I should have just went around him and went slow, but not let him pass, lol.
I know what you mean about people speeding... I usually go about 5 over, sometimes I go 70, but usually not for long, I have one ticket already... For the most part its between 0-5 over. The occasional 100mph too... but it wastes gas, lol.

instead I sped up while he was passing, maybe next time he will look before he passes
That was a pretty stupid dangerous thing to do regardless of the fact he was tailgating you. Not only his life that was in danger but a car coming in the other direction who is a totally innocent party could have been involved.

It's not the point. You NEVER EVER speed up when you are being overtaken.

It's not the point. You NEVER EVER speed up when you are being overtaken.

Very good point. There is more than being right in the situation. even if he is an asshole, let him be the a-hole and cause an accident. Don't let it be you!!! Also, always be prepared!

I know it was stupid to speed up while he was passing, but in the moment, I felt like being an asshole... And I wasnt up to speed yet. I was accelerating before and while he was passing, I just accelerated a little more during the pass...

Back
Top Bottom