Hacked Website

sherwood

In Runtime
If i found that some one had hacked my website and changed loads of things anf de-faced it would i be able to take any legal actions on them??

depends ,its usually pretty difficult for instance if the hacker is overseas then it is difficult to take legal action , however in theory if your a UK site owner and a UK resident hacks your site then legal action shouldnt be too difficult but in practice the police/authorities usually have more important things to be worrying about

Well thanks for all that. I am a uk site owner but the server is in the us. So if some one from the uk hacked my site would i still be able to take legal action?

Ah right. If the a person did get caught what would happen? would i get anything or would they just get time (jail)

Well thanks for all that. I am a uk site owner but the server is in the us. So if some one from the uk hacked my site would i still be able to take legal action?

I do believe in some cases the english courts can take action against people in another country as long as either the victim of the crime is a UK citizen or the offender is a UK citizen

Unfortunately you can't penalize him anyhow.

yes you can as there is the computer misuse act 1990 which makes it an offence to modify computer material ,which is the case here

Oh yeah i forgot about that. I have been doing a lot about the computer missuse act In my course at school.

Back
Top Bottom