cant get to task manager

sugarfeathers

Beta member
i installed windows xp, but forgot to install SP2 and 3, so i stupidly forgot to get spyware protection, once i installed SP2 my comp just fucked up, luckly i was able to manage to get spyware doctor.:D . my computer is now clean but when my computer was hacked so was the admin setting and now i cant get to task manager, as well as the stupid blue text boxes.
seovp4.jpg

i already tryed Ctrl+alt+delete 2 times in the beginging whent in to the admin account but still could not do any thing. If any one could please help, it would make my day

I am guessing that you have your install disks then. I would recommend trying two things: First open run and type: scf /scannow. This will run a scan to make sure that you have all the correct .dll files on your computer. You will want to have your xp disk handy.

If you do that and are still having problems then I would recommend that you do a repair install from the xp install disk. This will take a little bit of time, but it is a lot better than a fresh install.

Cheers!

You mentioned that your computer's admin settings were possibly changed... are you now an admin on the computer? Could you give your self admin rights again?

Try this:

1. Run Regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > System.

2. In the right pane, if you see a setting for "DisableTaskMgr" delete it.

--OR--

1.Enter gpedit.msc in the run prompt and click OK
2.In the Group Policy settings window
3.Select User Configuration
4.Select Administrative Templates
5.Select System
6.Select Ctrl+Alt+Delete options
7.Select Remove Task Manager
8.Double-click the Remove Task Manager option'.
9.Set the property of this item as disabled.

Hope that helped.

Back
Top Bottom