Hardware Balancing?

G9

Daemon Poster
I've heard that this definitely applies to Apple's Mac Pro tower, but do you need to balance your high-end hardware in a PC as well?

For example, if you had say a 1GB 9800 GX2 NVIDIA video card, would you need a processor or RAM to match?

yes or you get a thing called bottlenecking however most macs are not upgradable (except recent ones) and that will not occur.you should look at the system requirements on the back of the graphics card box or online and see what it requires its always a good idea to have more than that im always well ahead of te system requiremnts when i buy one.

bottlenecking is to any computer at all, its when u say have 8gigs of RAM a 64bit OS a nVidia 6600LE and say a quad core processor, now that would be a GFX bottleneck

Alright, how about 64-bit Vista, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.19ghz, 4GB RAM, and a 640MB 8800GTS or 768MB 8800 GTX vid card?

I'd say the processor to that one. Even new CPU's bottle neck the GPU's to a certain extent.

I really dont see anything in your proposed setup really causing a bottleneck.

The X2 4400+ has a large 1MB cache, full x64 support, a high bandwidth memory controller and HyperTransport. It should work well with a 640MB 8800GTS.

Anyone want to +1?

Back
Top Bottom