Running ethernet off an extended network

mcmahamg

Beta member
I recently moved into a house that has a wireless network, and I have a 360. I don't want to have to run wires everywhere or buy the adapter for the 360, I'm trying to extend the network using my router, then hook up the 360 using Ethernet off this router. But every time I try to get on Live from the 360, it fails. Can you do this? If so, what do I need to change on the 360 and/or the router?

Whats it failing on? You could use a crossover cable from your 360 to your laptop and then use its wireless (if you have a laptop).

I'm don't think that is going to work. What you are describing can be done through a wireless bridge. However, you don't have to get microsoft's adapter. You can buy a wireless adapter from dlink or linksys (wireless b will work and is cheaper). If you insist on using another wireless router, i believe there are firmware updates (not put out by the manufacturer) to change it to a wireless bridge. Just google it.

im confused. you have 2 routers and want to use one to extend the network (a repeater)?
if so i can help

Back
Top Bottom