Wireless Internet How Secure Is Your's!

I would just hate to have wireless network

Why? Is it the *security* risk/issue? Believe it or not, but you can make a wireless network pretty secure if you know about it. Just my two cents.

This is my security.....pull it out of the box hook it up if it works leave it dont change no passwords or wep or anything

This is my security.....pull it out of the box hook it up if it works leave it dont change no passwords or wep or anything

Just be happy I don't live close to you. :) You wouldn't have a wireless network cause I would be the dude across the street owning it and locking you out of your own wireless network then doing computer hacking activity making it look like it came from your systems instead of mine . ;) Only joking of course. ;)

In a commerical enviroment the best thing to have is a access control interface. A guest would have to have an access code to get in the network. That goes between the router and the modem. You see alot of those at hotels.
In a home enviroment I've found filtering the mac numbers works best. They don't match up to what is on file in the router, you don't get in. Pretty cut and dried.

mac filtering doesnt do much. i got into an unsecure network with mac filtering. theres a very simple way to do it :)

In a home enviroment I've found filtering the mac numbers works best. They don't match up to what is on file in the router, you don't get in. Pretty cut and dried.

Hmm, thats what you think. ;)

mac filtering doesnt do much. i got into an unsecure network with mac filtering. theres a very simple way to do it

I have to agree with dude_se on this one. It's not very hard to sniff network traffic from a wireless network and obtain a valid MAC address(es) to access the wireless network that has permission in the first place. #2 MAC address spoofing comes to mind here. ;)

Back
Top Bottom