Is this morally wrong?

I got into an accident today. Totally not my fault, thought (for real). The guy was staring somewhere not in front of him, and hit me. Should I make the other person pay for my damages even if I know the person has a low salary?

Their car had minimal damages.

Yes. Had he been paying attention he wouldn't have hit your car. If his salary is that low he should try to avoid situations/habits that could cost him.

It's his fault, should pay attention while driving. Their's insurance for a reason.

I got into an accident today. Totally not my fault, thought (for real). The guy was staring somewhere not in front of him, and hit me. Should I make the other person pay for my damages even if I know the person has a low salary?

Their car had minimal damages.

Legally, Yes, He's liable for all damages done unto your vehicle. Granted your insurance rates will go up quite a bit, You do have other options. I think it really boils down to you to be honest. It's your discretion whether or not you want to put more of a financial burden on this individual or possibly work something else out with him.

It could go either way. I've been in your situation and I opted to just let them go as I know body work, But again, Only a decision you can make.

Good Luck.

I had this happen, someone backed outta their parking spot into the bed of my truck once. Put a dent, which I didnt notice until I got home, but its kinda visable... But I let her go... Cause we are in High School, and its only like a $3000 truck, so nothing fancy, so a little dent didnt bother me... And I didnt let her go cause she is like the hottest girl in the school! lol. It did more damage to her car too.

Today was april fools day, so I was thinking about putting a note somewhere on her car saying, "This is for Hitting me!" and then either doing nothing, or sprinkling suger around the gas cap, but not in the tank, lol. But I didnt....
I tried the balloon over the exhaust on one of my friends, but the balloon wouldnt fit, lol.

Estimated around 2k. The car itself isn't worth enough to spend 2k on, so if I lose the claim, I lose my car.

Back
Top Bottom