Turning 18 soon, Need help

shagadelicman1

In Runtime
Im turning 18 in june and need help preparing myself. Im moving out that month. Ive heard that its best to stay at your parents for as along as possible, but i would like to grow and mature myself, so what are things i should do to help myself. I will be attending part time school, and a full time job. Im studying to become a Network Admin, etc. These things are what i considered...

What should i do with money? ( i.e. accounts, etc)

Where should i shop? (markets, online, etc)

What is the best thing i can do? :/

I would really like some help getting set on the things i need to do to start my life of...

thanks guys

Plan out a budget. And be realistic. Ask your parents how much everything costs, calculate that with how much you are making a month, and make sure your not going to have less than $0 in your account.

don't take it too seriously.
I moved out when I was 15. You don't have to plan a budget or anything like that since you have a full time job. Ohh and not plan a budget doesn't mean that go and buy a ferrari with your first pay check, it means that don't spend too much money on stupid things and you will be fine.

What to do with the money? Well I have 2 bank accounts, 1 is the one that I use for everyday stuff and the other is a saving account. Pay goes to the one I use for everyday stuff and then once in a while I transfer a few hundred euros to the saving account. This is because the saving account has higher intrest and if I lose my credit card then the random guy who finds it can't withdraw all my money. :D

Where to shop? Dude, you are going to be working full time. Shop where ever you want to.

you heard that it's best to stay with your parents as long as possible? I'm pretty it's the opposite.

As far as what you should do, there isn't much. Find a place to live, either buy or rent. Go to a grocery store to buy food so you have something to eat. Pay your rent and your bills (just like a good little working person). And I would suggest getting a credit card.

you heard that it's best to stay with your parents as long as possible? I'm pretty it's the opposite.

As far as what you should do, there isn't much. Find a place to live, either buy or rent. Go to a grocery store to buy food so you have something to eat. Pay your rent and your bills (just like a good little working person). And I would suggest getting a credit card.

As long as possible could be wayyy too long. In my case.. maybe until I'm 20 or 21.

It's good to start off on the right foot.

I can't remember if it was both of my parents or not, one of them got a job locally and saved a ton of money by staying with their parents for a year. That way you don't have tons of debt and crap. It's good to avoid that as much as possible.

when you get a paid each week or month or however you get paid. Pay all of your bills first. Then the money left is yours to spend or save or whatever but if you pay all your bills before spending on anything else you can't go too far wrong.

I would try to get your parents to help you with money right now and save. For shopping you want to look good but for now when your not making the big bucks yet shop at less expensive shops.

Back
Top Bottom