Variety Show tommorrow!!

MiniDV cameras are the best quality. All true pro cameras still use MiniDV, the consumer cameras are all going to HDD or DVD. I almost got pulled into an HDD camera at first, but found out how crappy they are. DVD isn't much better. I personally have a consumer camera, but it's MiniDV. Canon Elura 100. And a $20 external mic. I can make films in widescreen and it sounds good. My mic obviously isn't the best, but sounds really good for a $20 mic. I'm not about to spend $150 on a mic for films I make just for fun...

I have minidv too! Mine is a canon elura 80. When he first got it, he didnt know much about any of that, and it was a gift too, but he thought it was the only kind that would let him edit on his computer...

Mine cost me $300 on ebay about 2 years ago, while his cost $899, and mine is a lot better. That's because it uses film.

But no, the true pro cameras, use real film... The film that costs thousands of dollers for a little roll... The small companies can get away with using an HD camera or something, but the big producers use real film.

lol, I actually meant the true prosumer cameras that consumers may still have a hope at owning... :p Stuff such as the Canon XL2. This kinda stuff.

Yeah I know true professional cameras use different film, just worded it wrong...

OOOHHH, yeah gotcha, lol. Yeah, we used mine today, and he was like, wow, it looks so good! Problem with his is, like any digital camera, in the dark, it goes to shit, and anything else can cause it to go easy.

Back
Top Bottom