this is dell for you

ive got a few dells in my house, however one is for my dad a dimension 8300, i have another 8300 in my room, and an e510 in my room as well, but i cant complain because anytime they screw up i can fix them like most here can, for people that would need tech support or for RMA, god speed... lol

anyhow, the dells are the bitches of the household, my custom computers tell them what to do, how to do it and when to do it :)

I'm not sure, I never really understood all this Dell hate, I guess their customer support could use an improvement, but especially now, their pricing is really attractive, not to mention high grade in the XPS line.

I have three friends with Dells that have no problems. My parents are HP/Compaq people, and we haven't had problems with the five we've had.

They were just wondering how many people they could route you to before you got mad enough to say something... I hate big companies where you gotta call customer service. They got about 10 different phone numbers to call, and it seems none of them fit your problem, or if they do, they route you somewhere else anyway.

Had to deal with Verizon for changing a password for a dialup connection for a guy. No related phone number. We called and were routed several times before getting an answer. We got an answer and it didn't work, we call back on the number they gave us in case we had to call back and got routed some more. Hung up and called the original number and it took even longer to speak to someone. Of course, they were from India, so you can't understand half they were saying.

I hate outsourced tech support more than the next person. Hence, this is why I started my company, Waldorf PC. I hated that fact also, and I knew that it was the complaint of so many other people. So, I thought, why not have a business that has 24/7 tec support in English?

I even got a testimonial from a customer about how happy he was because we actually speak English. I'll be getting the pictures of those that sent the testimonials in little by little to prove their credibility.

I'm not sure, I never really understood all this Dell hate, I guess their customer support could use an improvement, but especially now, their pricing is really attractive, not to mention high grade in the XPS line.

their pricing is horrible... the only thing that has good pricing from them are the cheapo dimension's where you get the whole desktop for 349, xps's are WAAAAY overpriced, you could build two xps equal computers for the price of one xps

I had a Dell, it's a good little machine, never let me down. I think it's an old Dimension 4550 or something like that. Gave it to my parents, it's still kicking.

their pricing is horrible... the only thing that has good pricing from them are the cheapo dimension's where you get the whole desktop for 349, xps's are WAAAAY overpriced, you could build two xps equal computers for the price of one xps

Checkout their XPS 630, if you tried building it yourself you wouldn't be able to do it for much cheaper, not to mention with the difference you can get warranty and customer support. The price difference is about 250 dollars, between if you built it yourself to if you let Dell do it for you. That 250 goes into a warranty, getting your stuff replaced if something goes wrong, and having someone to blame when something goes wrong with your computer other than yourself, I'd say that's not too bad of a prospect.
My friend had a XPS notebook that after a year or so of use began overheating, it was one of the older red models that sported a 7900GTX, he sent it back, and Dell repaired it for him, but the problem surfaced again, the second time he sent it back he never saw his laptop again, instead they sent him a new top of the line notebook the XPS M1710 Smoke, I'd say that's helluva customer support.

Back
Top Bottom