New Spyware/Virus

What is the programme called that is producing the popups? or what is the site it is trying to redirect you to?

it installed its own spyware killer on the comp called "Brave-Sentry". You can't uninstall it. The computer is totally locked. I cant access task manager or add/remove programs. The internet explorer keeps coming opening by itself and will show the site to download more spyware tools.

Boot into safe-mode with networking. From here, download the free trial of NOD32 (www.eset.com). THat should help you. Also how is your work's network set up? Is there a lot of file sharing that could have allowed this to pass from one system to another?

sometimes, as I know, some malwares use hook tactics so I would suggest go to site like : www.bleepingcomputer.com and raise up there your problem
anyway, if anyone wants to help you even me ....at least we need hijackthis file to see ...you may do something you think you get clean but you aren't
so if you want, post hijackthis log here to enable us helping you

the computer isn't letting me install Hijack This. The setup file is there but it wont open at all. I also downloaded Spyware Doctor and tried to run it and it stops at 5% and doesn't do anything after that.

Sorry, scratch the spyware not running. It actually took 10 minutes to even get kick started. It's running now so I will see what happens

Back
Top Bottom