Netgear WGR614 Problem

I was installing the wireless devices my friend bought and everything was going ok. I installed the wireless adapter with an antenna on his computer and installed the drivers. Then I moved on to his Netgear router. I did everything it told me to do (I already knew how to). Then it proceeded to restart the network. But the software "froze". My friend then decided to close it when he wasn't supposed to. We checked the internet and it was working on his dad's computer (where we installed the router). Then we secured his network and whatnot. When we came to his computer the wireless would not connect. It was the correct passkey and didn't work. I tried without and it didn't work. Then I reinitiated the software on his dad's computer and hit 'next' until I got to that same part. Here the problem appeared. It said something like "Syntax Error on Automat File Mhstate.inf". I searched it and I found it to be on the cd under Bin/AI/Core/. From there we didn't know what to do. I googled the error but it only came up with results for modems. Can anyone help me here?

EDIT: He now got it to succeed. He can connect to the internet using the computer that is wired to the router. As for the wireless computer, it cannot connect. Why?

First try the easiest thing, unplug both the router and the DSL/Cable modem from power for a minute or more.

If that doesn't clear things up, try setting the router to default settings. Remember when doing anything with router settings use wired connections, a dip in a wireless connection can cause issues. If resetting the router doesn't work, look for new firmware from netgear.

when you ran the software, did it install anything, if so you might have to uninstall everything and reinstall it, after reseting the router back to manufacture defaults

Ok. Just to clear things up. I had asked many members about this and they all confirmed by hypothesis. A gigabyte wireless adapter will work with the netgear router. If this is wrong please say so.

EDIT: He's got DSL.

Back
Top Bottom