YESSSSSSSSSS! I Finally Finished My Website!!!!!!!

If you can do all that, why take the easier route? Shouldn't that make you less proud of it?

Its a well laid out site though, and I couldn't see any spelling errors :p I always look for them without knowing

If you can do all that, why take the easier route? Shouldn't that make you less proud of it?

Its a well laid out site though, and I couldn't see any spelling errors :p I always look for them without knowing

Yeah, i'm a major stickler when it comes to spelling errors. And, i wanted to take the easier route since i'm A. quite busy, and B. because I'm a perfectionist and very critical of my work, I'd critique and critique and critique until I get sick. That would take me a long time to do the site. So, I decided to use the template for now. It was bad enough that I changed what I already had several dozen times. that alone took me several days. I'm just happy to actually have a site on the web.

When i can spare at least a few days when I have no work to do, I'm thinking of building it from scratch and taking down the template. Granted the template wasn't too expensive, I want to get my use of it since I already paid for it.

Hey there,

what sort of content would you recommend I add? And, I used a template but added my own touches such as aditional coding, my own pictures, and much more. I can write my own HTML, JAVA, CSS, AND PHP coding but choose to take the easier route. It's drag and drop software. Very simple. It's not that expensive.

I'm sure there's all kinds of little things you can add into it. I just got off work and I'm a bit tired now but later tonight I'll look it over better and try and provide some better input.

Hey, Thanks. G2G. I have to take care of business. I'll be back online later.

Thanks to all so far who have contributed.

what could be added?

I guess some more customer reviews.
pictures of your workspaces might be nice, (assuming that they do look good and it's not just an old bench!).

a little more content wouldn't go amis, but don't fall into the trap of creating pages just so you can have drop down menus.

drop down menus tend to look silly when there is only one or two options on each menu, and only one or two top level manus, I think that the simgle static menu bar is probably more fitting for right now with the size of your site.

Looks like a pretty solid site. Very professional. But I have suggestions:

- Its impersonal. Impersonal and professional are not synonyms. I assume those people in the main picture is pretty much a stock render, and none of them are actually you. Try and get somebody to take a picture of you working on an open pc case and put some effects on it in photoshop (if you contact me by PM i'll do it for you and make it look real nice).

The top header needs a proper title. The plane text is not working for you. You need some kind of graphic test with something more to it, and a larger font. It does not contrast its background very well, and to be honest I missed it at first.

I do not like the text you chose. Arial looks very nice in font sizes 11 or 10 which should work out for you and looks professional. The serif font you have chosen no offense looks slightly amateurish, sans serif fonts give the effect of being more professional which is the theme of the website it appears. Serif fonts are generally used in headers and graphic text, and usually fairly minimally in a professional environment such as yours. I would avoid serif fonts all together to be honest.

On the 'about us' page the very professional and impersonal stock photo contradicts the 'family' photo you have underneath it, another reason to change it. First of all crop that photo. The fireplace is nice i agree so don't crop the top. but crop the bottom down to the girl in fronts elbows. This page seems overly lengthy due to the size of this photo and does not offer good flow.

The testimonials work well with the chosen serif font, because they're personal quotes. Try and obtain a small headshot of each of the people and place it next to the testimonials. Keyword being small. Make sure the photos are real, sometimes you can just tell if you put a random photo next to a quote. It will add sincerity and credibility to the testimonials, whereas right now they're merely faceless anonymous quotes, (despite the by line).

As someone else said you did not italicize your bottom testimonial. Ruins the consistency of the page.

The site on the home page looks much better than on the other pages because on the other pages you have to scroll down to see the finished layout. So the pages layout is broken up, and it takes away from the professional effect you're trying to create. Perhaps try and widen the template and on each page try and fit all the information without having to scroll down. This can be accomplished by cropping the family photo on the about page and resizing it a little, and using an arial font size 10. Still easily legible and will make it look much nicer. Resizing the font to arial size 10 or 11 on the services page will also make the page fit without scrolling down, samething with the testimonials page.

The contact us page is okay, as the fields are necessary so the fact you have to scroll down does not take away from the pages effect.

I'm not trying to be mean, all these things will make your site look better and more professional, thus attract more customers. You're off to a good start, and I wish you luck with your new business.

Hey! I do not think that you are being mean. You gave me what I asked for--real input.

I totally hate it when I ask for suggestions, and people say, "It looks great! Awesome!" or something to that affect when in all reality, it has some issues. I like it when people are straight forward and to the point so long as they are tactful. and, that you were.

Thanks for your honesty. I liked the picture next to the testimonial idea, too.

Back
Top Bottom