Possible hacker/Trojan ect?

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
Ok so ive had werid thing's happen to my pc, my screen use to blank black, like 'ghosting' i read that it was a sign of hacking, so parnoira set's in, i changed moniter, just incase.

Now out of know where msn try's to acess the net, even though i barely, if anytime use msn anymore.
Now i googled it coz before ive unticked somewhere in options(ive totally forgotten) that not to let something like msn spam or something?

It was something like 'Disable Windows Messenger broadcasts on UDP port 1900'.

Msn tryed to acess that port, 1900
msnmsgr.exe was the program.

Also to note my IP address changed a few weeks ago, which is strange since i was told it does'nt change the first 3 numbers. Like;

Yeah total BS, i know for sure it's a hacker, and your from here to arent you.

My screen blinked black again, just 3 mins ago.

What they did'nt know is the screen ghosting stoped a while ago, so i have narrowed it down to someone from this forum, not so smart..

If your reading this why in the world target me?

I had my MSN constantly dialing up a year or so ago so I ran the Macafee av I had on at the time, it found nothing, so I I downloaded there Antispyware suit and i found a dialer Trojan that the av missed, it removed it and the problem was solved, I use Nod32 now instead.

Na, it prob a hacker, i bet that its through the ports.

Backdrop trojan or something like that.

I bet it.
I bet that its a hacker full stop ive had this for a long time now, 'funny' it's how i never had these problems before i join CF..

Anyone wanna help me get unhacked? Or something.

First what OS are you using? The reason I ask is becuase I am wondering if you can block all the ports except the ones that you use. Like 80 for the internet, your email ports, and Instant messenger and scype ports. Also if you have a router you might want to try disabling ports on that as well if you can.

I know that with most Linux distros they have firewall programs, but I haven't played with the windows firewall or other apps.

Start with that and see what that gets you.

Apprantly all my ports are closed or stelthed, but i doubt it if things are going on.

I just don't know what to do..

What program do u use for your firewall and av protection? Maybe, I can help you find some information out about that.

It was something like 'Disable Windows Messenger broadcasts on UDP port 1900'.

Msn tryed to acess that port, 1900
msnmsgr.exe was the program.

Also to note my IP address changed a few weeks ago, which is strange since i was told it does'nt change the first 3 numbers. Like;

I don't think you have a hacker. If the application MSN is trying to connect to the net using port 1900 which is a little odd considering port 1900 is for
SSDP

Purpose:
UPnP Simple Service Discovery Protocol

This UDP port is opened and used by Universal Plug N' Play (UPnP) devices to receive broadcasted messages from other UPnP devices. UPnP devices broadcast subnet-wide messages to simultaneously reach all other UPnP devices.
<--from GRC

If you disable the service you close the port. ;) If I was you and I no longer used MSN, then I would un-install it from my computer (prevent it from trying to connect to the net).then I would close port 1900 by disabling the service that runs on port 1900 in this case it's SSDP (Simple Service Discovery Protocol)

Just from the information you posted theirs more than one way of getting in your system thats pretty obvious, you might wanna secure your box a little bit just my opinion. ;)

If the application MSN is trying to connect to the net using port 1900 which is a little odd considering port 1900 is for
SSDP

Just from the information you posted theirs more than one way of getting in your system thats pretty obvious, you might wanna secure your box a little bit just my opinion. ;)

Yah i no. Strange
The thing is i did disable the service, so i dont no?

Yeah i no, you cant stop hacking anyways, ive known that for a long time now lol.

How so? Pm me?

Thanks for your help!

Do you use a Firewall at all?

Also, do you have a router (Wireless or otherwise) ?

Back
Top Bottom