Need help sharing hardrive over the internet

glennlh

Solid State Member
Hi,
I have a 2 hardrives on my vista computer and would like to share my second hardrive with an XP computer via the internet. I have trying been since last week to set this up and would be grateful if anyone could help me.

Thanks Glennlh

Lhamil wasn't correct in saying that it is very hard or not pissible. Seeing as both XP and Vista are both MS products they are both compatible with each other. That being said there are a few steps that need to be taken in order for your Vista computer to be seen on you current network. That is assuming that you already have a network set up. If you don't however, that is fine as you will be starting from scratch. Here is a great blog posting on the microsoft technet forum. It has great detail about getting the two OS's compatible with each other.
http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/ShowPost.aspx?postid=1683125&siteid=17

Cheers!

Thanks for you're posts lhamil64 and wmorri. I have managed to get a XP and a Vista computer to see each other on the same network, but thought it may be possible to get Vista and XP to file share while there in different locations and on a different network by using the internet.

Thanks Glennlh

Back
Top Bottom