Router Issues

Healy

Solid State Member
Hi All, I'm having trouble connecting my wireless adapter to my router,I'm using a philips adapter and it is showing my connection as 100% however when I open Firefox and try to access my router settings it wont connect, if I use the Ethernet connection it will connect,if I apply the WEP the Ethernet does not work either.

What am I doing wrong :confused:

Have you tried to do an ipconfig, or ifconfig? Do either of those in command and let us know what you are getting for results. Hopefully you are getting a 192.168.*.* for you ip.

Yes I am getting like you said for: Ethernet Adapter,however the one for wireless network starts with 169.

At the moment I have the Ethernet connection in as well as connected to wireless and cant bring up router settings..grr

169.*.*.* is microsofts default ip that they put in when you aren't getting any ip from you modem or in your case a router. What i would recommend is that you disable which ever connection you don't want to use, either the Ethernet or the wireless. Then I would do a powercycle and see what ip you get.

Cheers!

Ok I was able to connect fine after disabling the other connection and just leaving the wireless,I also reset the router and connected fine too it.

Once I had access to the router I set the WEP settings saved and exited,after putting in my WEP Key and trying to reconnect I was Unable.

My wireless adapter says Limited or no connectivity.

Ok I was able to connect fine after disabling the other connection and just leaving the wireless,I also reset the router and connected fine too it.

Once I had access to the router I set the WEP settings saved and exited,after putting in my WEP Key and trying to reconnect I was Unable.

My wireless adapter says Limited or no connectivity.

Well the wep key is set in my wireless adapter,and the same one is on the router,I thought that was correct?

Yes I read both of those,followed the steps and nothing

Back
Top Bottom