Anti-virus/Security Center

complications: have XP home edtion, 256mb, 60 gig memories
my laptop is pretty old and doesn't have interent connection
Yesterday i could hook it up online and so i did and went online
All of a sudden it started to freeze up and so i disconnetected and shut down my computer. when I turned it back on, it kept saying my computer was at risk and for it to run a scan. So I did and got rid of some stuff with spyware and symnatec antivirus. But the weird thing is I went into my documents and program files and there are all these unreadable files like 10kb each and it doesnt erase. I tried to download norton antivirus but it would download unless i erase symnatec, but it wont let me.
Any suggestions?
ty

I have been using COMODO and I'm very satisfied with it. I just don't like that HIPS application control, so i turned it off...

complications: have XP home edtion, 256mb, 60 gig memories
my laptop is pretty old and doesn't have interent connection
Yesterday i could hook it up online and so i did and went online
All of a sudden it started to freeze up and so i disconnetected and shut down my computer. when I turned it back on, it kept saying my computer was at risk and for it to run a scan. So I did and got rid of some stuff with spyware and symnatec antivirus. But the weird thing is I went into my documents and program files and there are all these unreadable files like 10kb each and it doesnt erase. I tried to download norton antivirus but it would download unless i erase symnatec, but it wont let me.
Any suggestions?
ty

This should not be in this thread it should be your own.

Back
Top Bottom