Wireless Network

iffy

In Runtime
I have just bought a new laptop (Dell Inspiron), and for some odd reason I don't good signal strength from the wireless NIC. I have never seen the NIC past one bar. I know the router is fine because my brothers machine seems to give excellent signal and thats further away from what the laptop is to the router. Even if I am sitting directly infront of the router with the laptop, the signal strength is still weak.

Are you sure you are connected to your router, i know at my house my mom always connects to the router SSID and i have to tell her that, the SSID is normally the router name, unless you changed it.

I can access the internet through the router but the signal strength is always crap!

Have you tried getting the newest drivers, and firmware

also is this a recent problem as in. you had fine signal streght in the past.
or did you just get this card or router and it has always been like this

I got the laptop lastweek, brandnew, and since then the reception from the wireless card has been rubbish.

what type of wireless card is it, i.e. 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g 802.11N(draft versions) and then post the type of router you have
but im not sure that if for say you have a router that supports 802.11g and you have a wireless n card, if that will affect the reception, but state what you have

Back
Top Bottom