I think system admin is going into my pc at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimus Ping

Baseband Member
I think one of our system admins is going into my computer at night (just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you!)

My question is: How can I track/Log if/when an admin logs into my computer and does things? I'm running vista. I don't want to install a keylogger though. Thanks!

OP

Is it your computer or the company's?

If you merely suspect, then unplug the computer... either he'll leave it alone (if he was actually doing anything), or he'll complain. If he complains, then you can ask him what he's doing.

That makes complete sense but...They have after hours access as well as remote access. There has to be some way to log...that's what would really put my mind at ease.

Well is the computer yours or your company's. Because if its theres then whats the problem with them accessing it, it's their property you are just using it.

Well is the computer yours or your company's. Because if its theres then whats the problem with them accessing it, it's their property you are just using it.

This is true. If it's your company's machine then the sys. admin has every right to log into that computer.

On the other hand... if you did unplug the machine, there would be no way for anyone to have access via remote login.

Let us know if this is your computer or a companies in your next post or I will close this. We cannot stop a company from doing work on their property, and if we are not told, I will not take the chance.

Don't want to stop them just log them

Thanks for the posts guys. I do appreciate all of your feedback.

I'm not saying that I want to stop them or anything.

I just want to be able to log or find the log that shows who's accessed my pc. Maybe it's not a sys admin. Maybe I'm just paranoid. There has to be a windows log that show's all logins. Is that info in the event viewer? I'm just not sure how to read that.

Re: Don't want to stop them just log them

I just want to be able to log or find the log that shows who's accessed my pc. Maybe it's not a sys admin. Maybe I'm just paranoid. There has to be a windows log that show's all logins. Is that info in the event viewer? I'm just not sure how to read that.

Well there is still a big difference between being paranoid and trying to prevent people, who should have access to you stuff from having access to you computer.

Re: Don't want to stop them just log them

Talk to your IT department about your concerns, they are theirs and not yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom