Windows Defender - Is it really that good?

Nefrit

BSOD
I was just browsing through my Add/remove Programs list this afternoon, and thought to myself - Do I really need Windows Defender?

I have used it, since it was released, and have NEVER found anything in the way of malicious bodies on my system whilst using it, but have nearly always found something, whilst using a different spyware/Virus-type program.

If I deleted it, would it really be missed? I have read in various PC magazines that it is "essential", but im not so sure personally...

What do you think?
:D :cool:

I was just browsing through my Add/remove Programs list this afternoon, and thought to myself - Do I really need Windows Defender?

I have used it, since it was released, and have NEVER found anything in the way of malicious bodies on my system whilst using it, but have nearly always found something, whilst using a different spyware/Virus-type program.

If I deleted it, would it really be missed? I have read in various PC magazines that it is "essential", but im not so sure personally...

What do you think?
:D :cool:

I think Windows Defender is mediocre at best, and should be replaced by a better anti-spy ware application.

I've seen windows defender catch a few things in the time it's been out. Honestly though, unless you are really pressed for hard drive space I would leave it. It's not doing any harm by being in your computer.

I've used it since it was called Windows Antispyware and was in beta and since then it hasn't caught one thing. I ended up not installing it when I last reformatted. Use spybot or something better, microsoft just can't make security products.

Go up to the original post, and you'll see it in his signature.

Negitive. Look now, the line is gone. It's a simple tactic really, he's done it in all his posts, I've PM'ed him about it.

Back
Top Bottom