How to check my computer for keylogging s/w

beads

Beta member
How can i check whether my computer keystroke is being watched? i am the only person who has access to my laptop and i use McAfee antivirus and firewall. But i download many things from internet. Is it possible to install keystroke logging s/w in my computer through these download files from internet? if yes, how can i check my computer for keystroke logging s/w and remove it? I am worried about keylogging because my laptop screen flickers often and sometimes i see horizontal thin black line on my screen. Its a fairly new laptop with no previous problems and i don't know what is causing this? Should i be worried about keylogging?

Ok first off let me say this, McAfee is crap, now that's my opinion but there are much better anti-virus systems out there.

Make sure you have run your virus scanner, make sure that you haven't downloaded any additional files that you didn't originally download. I've been through a keylogger before, sometimes they can be hard to get rid of.
Ok, if you are really concerned about a keylogger, you can go to msconfig and look at startup.

Look for anything that shouldn't be there, if you see it, mark it off look for it either manually or search for it and delete it immediately.

Now before you go haywire and start marking off random things that look suspicious you should find out the origin of what you are about to mark off.

You probably need to download some spyware programs (I.e. Spybot Search & Destroy) and run them.

There are probably other things you can do, but that's all I know to do, hope it helps you out.

Ok first off let me say this, McAfee is crap, now that's my opinion but there are much better anti-virus systems out there.

Make sure you have run your virus scanner, make sure that you haven't downloaded any additional files that you didn't originally download. I've been through a keylogger before, sometimes they can be hard to get rid of.
Ok, if you are really concerned about a keylogger, you can go to msconfig and look at startup.

Look for anything that shouldn't be there, if you see it, mark it off look for it either manually or search for it and delete it immediately.

Now before you go haywire and start marking off random things that look suspicious you should find out the origin of what you are about to mark off.

You probably need to download some spyware programs (I.e. Spybot Search & Destroy) and run them.

There are probably other things you can do, but that's all I know to do, hope it helps you out.

"Ok first off let me say this, McAfee is crap, now that's my opinion but there are much better anti-virus systems out there."

No actually let me say your wrong! It's not an opinion its a fact! :D
And actually there are big business computers that just use Mcafee for protection..why? I really do not know but yes, it is the worst protection out there!
Anything else would be better actually..
www.download.com has alot of nicee free software to detect key loggers and stuff like that!
forexample....
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2007/3000-8022_4-10766151.html?tag=pop.software

thats a link for a free software to detect spy ware and key loggers and other suspicious identity theft bigs like that!

Back
Top Bottom