am i going to get hacked now or something?

Le 3eme oeil

In Runtime
I was just on an online chat thing and it said IP's are logged...I went in there and some moderator made fun of where i live and said he knew becuse hes a mod so he can see my ip and where i live and stuff..

do you think this guy is going to hack me now that he has my ip and stuff ?

he knew my internet service provider and my ip and my location and he was saying it in the chat so i told him some offensive stuff that i kinda regret now...

is it possible for him to hack me?

I was just on an online chat thing and it said IP's are logged...I went in there and some moderator made fun of where i live and said he knew becuse hes a mod so he can see my ip and where i live and stuff..

he knew my internet service provider and my ip and my location and he was saying it in the chat so i told him some offensive stuff that i kinda regret now...

is it possible for him to hack me?

That info is rather easy to get, IP ranges are registered to geographical ranges, and also to your ISP.

Your not going to be hacked...

Note; To be on teh safe side, don't give out your name or anything that relates to you so the mod or w/e can find you.

And, as I remember, theres this one thing people used to put in there sig. It show your IP address and Internet provider, on the sign of the image with a smiley next to it. With a bubble quote "I can see you" or w/e.

So I am guessing info like that can be taken easily. As the guy above have said @_@.

And depending on what kind of chat room your in. And who the mod is, whether its some 12 year old kid maaking fun of you. I doubt you would get hack, which I don't understand. As in hacking your game account or email?

He can see your WAN IP address which is issued to you by your ISP. Running an IP address through a simple (*_WHOIS_*) query, can tell you who it belongs too. As far as geographical location running the IP address through www.ip2location.com can give you that information. Also, knowing your stuff in command prompt and give you a lot more information on the IP address it's self. If did a private chat with you (meaning he IM you) he probably got your IP address by opening command prompt while connected to you and did a netstat -b which displays all connections ip addresses, port numbers etc...

Hope this helps,
0x0161

thanks that does help a bit.

and im not worried about him hacking any of my game accounts or email becuase i dont really care about my game accouns (runescape, i dont play anymore so i wouldnt care that much if he hacked me) and im pretty sure there is nothing valuable he can get out of my e mail addresses.

im just worried he could get into my computer and just totally mess with it because ive had a lot of problems with this computer in the pasts.

Nerveless this is not appropriate behavior of a mod in my opinion and if it was me I would be putting a complaint in to the forum ADMIN, he may see it as funny but I don't. it better not have happened here.

im just worried he could get into my computer and just totally mess with it because ive had a lot of problems with this computer in the pasts.

As long as your software is up-to-date and your Windows OS has all the proper updates,patches, service packs etc... and you're running a firewall on your system you should be fine against such a novice.

yeah true, ive read that your computer can almost never be safe no matter what, but i have a feeling this guy doesnt really know to much about hacking..

Back
Top Bottom