Could not start 3D Acceleration

kinser_brave

Baseband Member
The other day while I was trying to fix my GF's computer so that WoW would not exit out ever couple of minutes, I happened to have made it worse. The message that says "WoW was unable to start 3D acceleration. Please make sure DirectX 9.0c is installed and your drivers are up to date." It all started after i went to the Radeon website to install a new driver for her Radeon 9600 graphics card (BTW, is that top of the line? Average? I want to know more about it). I tried to restore the computer but it wouldn't change the fact that WoW would not start up. Then I thought maybe I would just buy her a new video card. Which brings me to my next Question. What video card do you recommend for WoW (World of Warcraft, for people that don't play) that is resonable price ($150+) but very efficient for the game?

The Radeon 9600 is rather an old card now, but it is Direct X 9 compatable at least, and could probably still run some games.

Try uninstalling the drivers first completly, from the Control Panel, and Add/Remove. Then proceed to install the new drivers.

i had that problem could not fix it
best thing to do is just back up files and reformat
uhg i hate that error....

Do what kage said or tell us your Card interface.(AGP or PCI-E) so we can recommend a better card

Well she took the easy way out :p... She uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Which is weird because it didn't start happening until after I installed the new video driver. That shouldn't have anything to do with the files within the game right?

Back
Top Bottom