Found This, Need Advice ASAP!

computerpro

In Runtime
I found these two batch files on my computer the other day, I did not open them but I did open them up in notepad. Here are the two codes I found:

Code:
@echo off del C:\\windows\System32

Code:
@echo off
color 7
echo Initializing Crash and Burn Sequence
pause
echo off
del C:\windows\system32

Are these dangerous and will they actually delete windows32?

They could do quite some harm, not sure how the first one would behave due to the two \\'s

The second one would require the user to press enter before anything is done to the computer

Hmmm.. well it might be possible that the folder could be deleted, but with windows running then Windows probably won't let it be deleted. Altho the commandline is pretty powerful, and i read on a forum the the programming language i use, that someone deleted the windows folder using it. Just to be save, DO NOT OPEN THESE! I would attempt to delete them right away. Oh and by the way, just curious, what are they named?

just quarantine the two folders..if you don't know what the batch is then definitely don't open it!
If they don't delete then quarantine is your best and maybe even only option.
;)

well i think they are completely safe,

i heard about a so called virus with a batch file that was either,

@echo off
format C:

or

@echo off
del C:\system32

and although i never tried them 1's in specefic i did have a file i wanted to delete noce i was uninstalling itunes and it cocked up so i went to C:/programs/itunes and deleted manually although there were 2 files that wouldnt go so i figured i know ill use my knoledge of that "virus" so i went to cmd, typed

@echo off
del C:/program files/itunes/mysteryfile.extnesion

and it still wouldnt delete so if it cant delete a simple itunes file its not gonna kill system32

Back
Top Bottom